Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks, It helped!

Especially after Windows 10 upgrade, I can use with Hello Windows function.

HP Recommended

if you cant see the biometric in the control panel

try this by clicking the start menu and selecting " setting " which maybe possibly there

here is the screen shot of the setting folder

Ms Settings 001.PNG

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
HP Recommended

Purchased HP Probook 450 G2 with windows 8.1.  No fingerprint option in sign-in options. 

Solution: Installed synaptics driver which was provided by HP SoftPaq. Then install validity driver which is for Probook 450 G2 windows 10 os here

HP Recommended

Thanks so much! - This is what I needed to enable my fingerprint reader after I could get rid of HP Client security Manager. As my ProBook 400 runs Win 7 I downloaded and installed the VFS 495 Dell drivers from here.

I had to download and install Digital Persona Personal, as Win 7 does not seem to have fingerprint reader support. I followed the indications in this post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/DigitalPersona-Validity-fingerp...

HP Recommended

wat is the simple pass software?

HP Recommended

This driver works with my 850 G1 fingerprint sensor, thanks for help.

Otherwise just installing driver doesn't enough for using fingerprint windows log in. I installed dell driver and hp simplepass to use my fingerprint sensor for windows log in.

My specifications below:

Windows 7 64 bit

HP SimlePass installer name: sp64339.exe

HP SimplePass version: 8.00.57

Warning note: SimplePass has an update when i install the above version. When i update the simplepass, it's crashing and you need to remove simplepass and new dell fingerprint driver. Install driver again and install simplepass that exact version(8.00.57 - sp64339.exe) 

It works like charm now 🙂

HP Recommended

Hey,

I was hoping the links you provided would work, but they just direct me to http://support.hp.com/us-en.

Thanks for your effort, but please look into this issue. I'm hoping you can make the link work. 

Thanks,

Nikil

HP Recommended

The link provided to the HP drive is no longer valid. Is there any updated link? I noticed for my Pavilion dv6 ALL drivers have been removed from your website.

I can't even pass this working product onto my children and buy a new one. I'm seriously considering leaving this company for another. This happened with my last desktop as well, and then customer service said it was simply an oversight. I'm a bit doubtful now. Seems every time my system comes up on expiration for LTS, you remove all the drivers along with the support. This is a very bad practice. We need access to these legacy drivers. There is no other alternatives since you picked a company that went belly up for your biometric devices. We can't even contact the manufacturers of the equipment!

HP Recommended

Does this driver work with windiws 10 pcs?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.