Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi have am trying to have a virtual pc setup on my PC. i have a hp g60. i have installed a vmware but when i try to run it it is saying that i need to change the long mode in my bios setting.  I have looked it up online but when i go to my bios option i do not find any information where i can change the Virtualization Technology option in BIOS configuration. I have looked it up but still am not able to solve the problem . DO you know how to get this problem taken care of. step by step information will help.

model G60-635DX

serial [edited]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

what is the installed CPU?

That is the critical issue.

If your installed CPU is a Dual Core) Intel Pentium Processor T4300 like the specs show, then you are out of luck. That CPU does not support Intel virtualization technology. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

what is the installed CPU?

That is the critical issue.

If your installed CPU is a Dual Core) Intel Pentium Processor T4300 like the specs show, then you are out of luck. That CPU does not support Intel virtualization technology. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hp g60 notebook

Pentium dual core cpu T4300 @2.10 GHz 

Ram 3.00 Gb

System type:- 64 bit operating system

HP Recommended
Unfortunately your CPU is not going to be able to run virtual machines. .
That is the reason there is no option in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

i guess all the Hp home editions PC does not have the option for Virtualization Technology option in BIOS configuration. i have another pc with HP and even that PC does not have it. Just checked . but i dont know what to say. i Thing i will install it on my Dell computer. any way thank you. Cannot get it resolved .

HP Recommended
If you purchase a PC and want to use Virtualization technology capability, you must purchase a PC that has a CPU that is capable of it.

It will not matter which PC or notebook manufacturer you choose. Choosing an entry level or bottom end PC will not net you a PC or notebook with that capability.

HP Recommended

Install lixux mint ...it will take care of everything

HP Recommended

@Lab196307 wrote:

Install lixux mint ...it will take care of everything

In order to keep thie information in this topic and the forum timely, I will be blocking new replies to this older thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.