Question

Honor Student
J_Sumner
Message 1 of 3 (130 Views)

WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!

What is the point of the factory warranty?!?! They won't Take the computer back and FIX it. They give you Options that YOU have to pay for! That makes having a Warranty POINTLESS! WHY would I pay for recovery disks when it was an update that killed it? Either HP or MICROSOFT should pay! Having Tech support without proper understanding of computers, customer service, or ENGLISH is extremely frustrating. This laptop not even a year old. Still under factory warranty, AND the extra 3years parts and replacement and what? I still have to pay for something that is YOUR COMPANY'S responsibility? I have been a hardcore HP/Compaq advocate since 1997! I think it is time to choose a new brand. 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!

Hi,

I believe for software, only 3 months support, I know the Windows updates can kill many machine and we, users, have to accept its terms. Have you tried to bcak out the updates ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
J_Sumner
Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!

HARD DRIVE FAILURE. Either the HDD or Chip Failure, HP's Solution.... Let me connect you to a 3rd party so you can pay the shipping on a set of recovery disks. WHAT? I get to pay for someone elses FAILURE? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation