09-18-2013 12:38 PM
The Greek Windows XP that were preinstalled in my hp mini are corrupt - probably by virus - and now I can't turn my notebook on. It works with ubuntu etc but I want to reinstall the windows. The problem is that the sticker at the back has faded and I can't read the product key. Can you help me?
09-18-2013 12:55 PM
Unfortunately, neither HP nor Microsoft will provide you with a replacement XP product key, nor do they keep a record of the product keys assigned to any PC's.
You can call HP in Greece and see if you can order recovery disks for your notebook at the link below.
If HP no longer has them, you will have to purchase a supported Windows operating system.
I recommend Windows 7 Home Premium for your notebook.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)