Webcam on HP Pavilion g6 (40928 Views)
Top Student
extiff
Message 1 of 5 (40,928 Views)

Webcam on HP Pavilion g6

Does anyone know how to download the latest version of HP Webcam software? (Cyberlink YouCam). I think the applicaition is corrupted on my laptop (HP Pavilion g6 with Win7 64bit) because it will not run and I cannot find any .exe to launch it. 

Thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (40,926 Views)

Re: Webcam on HP Pavilion g6

Hi,

Scroll down from this page you can see links to download software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02452221&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3340201

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
extiff
Message 3 of 5 (40,907 Views)

Thanks for the link.  Have successfully (eventually) downloaded the latest version from HP. 

One problem encountered was that the previous version of Youcam must be uninstalled prior to loading the newer one.  An error message "product definitation file missing" flashed up and the earlier version would not uninstall. I expect the error message should have read product definition, not definitation.  Solved by using Microsoft Fixit.   One of the Fixit options is to "Fix problems with programs that cannot be installed or uninstalled".  I ran this this, restarted my laptop and then the reinstallation of YouCam went ahead smoothly. 

Student
oldduffo
Message 4 of 5 (38,369 Views)

After all afternoon on the internet trying to find how to turn on my @#$%!& built in cam on my HPPavillion G6, this solution worked perfectly and it was so simple it is almost laughable...... if I wasn't so cross eyed from surfing so long.

Thank you so muchand God Bless.

Student
Message 5 of 5 (18,290 Views)

extiff wrote:

Does anyone know how to download the latest version of HP Webcam software? (Cyberlink YouCam). I think the applicaition is corrupted on my laptop (HP Pavilion g6 with Win7 64bit) because it will not run and I cannot find any .exe to launch it. 

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation