Question
Webcam problem: "cannot find Magic-i virtual driver"
Replies (20)

Tutor
Camcatman
Message 11 of 21 (2,861 Views)

Re: Webcam problem: "cannot find Magic-i virtual driver"

Unfortunately its not just Windows 7. It doesn't work on XP (my system).

I have now done what I should have done earlier: taken the camera and software back to the retailer and received a refund and invested that in something which doesn't cause problems.

Tutor
cadu1995
Message 12 of 21 (2,853 Views)

It works on Vista where i have it installed now but as soon as i upgrade to Windows7 it doesn't work.

Student
stephinoodle
Message 13 of 21 (2,668 Views)

I just wanted to say THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my goodness! I had this problem for so long and it was SOOO annoying and I came here, read this and followed your instructions and now i can use Magic-i!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! 

Student
vercruz
Message 14 of 21 (2,649 Views)

After having installed the same webcam under Windows 7, I am facing exactly the same issues - also saw that Arcsoft was referring to HP regarding help on this matter... I was hoping there would be an update from HP on this (as referred to under the Arcsoft website)

Student
colebaughbc
Message 15 of 21 (2,580 Views)

Paul,

Followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.  Thanks for the assist.

Honor Student
BarryDavies
Message 16 of 21 (2,413 Views)

I used to be a little doubtful about the forum-type help websites but after spending two or three hours in total on the phone with several calls to HP helpsites which promised to ring back and didn't I alighted on this solution. I followed it to the letter and it worked.

I bought a desktop from HP with Windows 7 64-bit installed and this camera at the same time. The webcam installation disk was not compatible.

Having found this solution I'm now more than pleased with the products I bought.

Student
ChipperX
Message 17 of 21 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear Paul;

Thank you for providing this information regarding the HP Deluxe Webcam's Magic-i virtual driver. This program worked for me on my HP Pavilion P6000 series computer, running Windows 7 (64 bit) for many months, but then stopped for some unknown reason - I would get the "Windows cannot find the Magic-i virtual driver" message whenever I booted up my computer. I tried re-installing the software time and again, but although the webcam itself was functional, the Magic-i program was not. Now, after following your simple instructions, the Magic-i program works again. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely;

Chipper.

Student
Rosebudx51
Message 18 of 21 (1,422 Views)

Did you go to the HP site?  I did, and was advised that I need a whole set of drivers to make my new PC compatible with Windows 07.  The really sad thing is that they are sending them to me on a CD!!  I was right there.  At their website.  Why can't I just download them?  I've been buying HP forever because they are study machines and when your peripherals are HP, you don't need any software.  Now this!!

Student
nason
Message 19 of 21 (901 Views)

I don't manage find in my PC driver magic-i.

Thanks

nason

Student
sherifwasfi1970
Message 20 of 21 (425 Views)

Webcam problem: "cannot find Magic-i virtual driver"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation