Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What about USB 3.0 ?
HP ProBook 4530s
Serial Number:  {Removed for privacy}

OS Win 7 home premium (Original)

Do this product actually have USB 3.0 port? if so, How i can install drivers for that?

In the specifications for this model i can see there is a USB 3.0 port,
All 4 usb ports are working fine but i can see nothing as USB 3.0 in device manger under Universal Serial Bus controllers, I tried installing "ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53671.exe" from drivers download page for my product. It changed nothing in device manager but installed an application called "USB 3.0 Host Control Utility" when i open it displays a "Warning!" Dialog saying "USB 3.0 Host Controller not found".

Why is that?

Do this product actually have USB 3.0 port? if so, How i can install drivers for that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it is possible that it has a 9 pin without 3.0 support.

Like I said before, all usb 3.0 ports that I have seen and are working at 3.0 speeds have a blue plastic insert.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

USB 3.0 port will always have a blue plastic insert in the port, usb 2.0 will be black.

I can find no manual showing which are supposed to be the 3.0 port.

I see the note in the Port specifications for that model

"(3.0 USB is available on select models.)"

So yours may not have one.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/321957-321957-64295-3929941-3955552-5060880.html?dnr=1

HP Recommended

I can see 9 pin connectors in one of four USB port, I thought that one is USB 3.0 port, I can see that port mentioned as USB 3.0 in "HP_ProBook_4430s_4530s_Notebook_PC_Datasheet.pdf" donloaded from HP wesite. Port looks like USB 3.0, if there is any posibality of mounting 9 pin USB 3.0 port without adding USB 3.0 support to the main board just with functionality of USB 2.0 ?

HP Recommended

Yes it is possible that it has a 9 pin without 3.0 support.

Like I said before, all usb 3.0 ports that I have seen and are working at 3.0 speeds have a blue plastic insert.

HP Recommended

HP also has some notebooks with an e-sata + usb combo port. I don't think yours has this though.

eSata-USB combo port%.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi...  i brought 4445s probook with DOS. I installed win 7 & all supporting drivers... But still usb 3.0 port not working..

Pls specify correct setup to download & install 😕

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.