Question

Tutor
hima15
Message 1 of 4 (94 Views)
Accepted Solution

What does clicking expand on a drive do?

I right clicked on my c drive in windows 7 and there is a bold option that says expand. What happens when i press it?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (75 Views)

Re: What does clicking expand on a drive do?

[ Edited ]

Where in Windows 7 are you trying to do this?
Your description is unfortunately not so clear. Can you use Windows 7 snipping tool to make an image that you can post in your thread?

Are you in Explorer or in Control Panel-->Administrative tools-->Computer management?

Expand won't hurt anything.

It is when you format, shrink, extend, convert or partition that things will begin to become abnormal. :smileywink:

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
hima15
Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)

In windows explorer on the side under computer. I right click and theres an option that says expand. Will it help me?

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (64 Views)

[ Edited ]

Clicking on expand won't hurt a thing. It has the same effect as clicking on the triangle to the left of each device/drive/folder. If there are subfolders below the drive or folder then they will become visible.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation