Question

Tutor
hima15
Message 1 of 4 (100 Views)
Accepted Solution

What does clicking expand on a drive do?

I right clicked on my c drive in windows 7 and there is a bold option that says expand. What happens when i press it?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (81 Views)

Re: What does clicking expand on a drive do?

[ Edited ]

Where in Windows 7 are you trying to do this?
Your description is unfortunately not so clear. Can you use Windows 7 snipping tool to make an image that you can post in your thread?

Are you in Explorer or in Control Panel-->Administrative tools-->Computer management?

Expand won't hurt anything.

It is when you format, shrink, extend, convert or partition that things will begin to become abnormal. :smileywink:

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
hima15
Message 3 of 4 (73 Views)

In windows explorer on the side under computer. I right click and theres an option that says expand. Will it help me?

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)

[ Edited ]

Clicking on expand won't hurt a thing. It has the same effect as clicking on the triangle to the left of each device/drive/folder. If there are subfolders below the drive or folder then they will become visible.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation