Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi all my labtop dv5 123dx

i just recovery original setup for my window

and now i log in msconfig.exe i see

andrea st filter service >> is this .exe virus

how to remove it

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

andrea st filter service is part of Sigmatel audio and is for microphone noise cancellation. It isn't a virus or trojan.

You can disable it in the msconfig.exe services tab by unticking the box to the name of the service. If you want to check what the dependencies are for that service--> type services.msc and then find the service.  Right click on it and select properties and then select the dependencies tab at the top to see what the identity of the application  is.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

so this .exe is default in system in hp labtop model dv5 123dx ?

how come before i don't see it now i got new recovery then it show ?

i need to ask some one who using hp dvd 5 123dx model to find out are they have that .exe as same like i was

HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP notebook dv7-xxxxxx and I also have this Andrea service installed and set as automatic start.

what is amazing is that the service has no description, I guess the HP guys could have called it in a better proper way and provide some more professional description on what it does.

Seems like a developer has named the service with his name 😄

regards,

Davide.

HP Recommended

I think the reason why you couldn't see it before but it was there after the recovery could be that your software got updated as part of that recovery. 

I also found another post: What is “Andrea ST Filters Service”? that talks about this service which says its safe to remove but there is no real reason why you would do that. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.