Question
What is inside the "HP Tools" partition?
Replies (21)

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 11 of 22 (17,312 Views)

Re: What is inside the "HP Tools" partition?

Its an important partition, it contains hardware diagnostics, and is used when the bios is flashed (updated), It makes flashing the bios a much safer operation, if you remove the tools partition and attempt flashing the bios it will be done from inside windows which is Very risky business, if bios flash fails it can render the notebook useless and will have to be repaired by HP.

Student
telnuwan
Message 12 of 22 (17,281 Views)

PARTITION NEW HARD DRIVE HP

So could you pls help me to solve this?

In New Simple Volume Wizard (Shriking Wizard)
When i click “next” on the last step, it comes out a dialog.

“The operation you selected will convert the selected basic disk(s) to dynamic disk(s). If you convert the disk(s) to dynamic, you will not be able to start installed operating systems from any volume on the disk(s) (except the current boot volume). Are you sure want to continue?”

I was affraid i selected "NO". then the Drive is appeared as UNLOCATED. 

I have already made the Recovery Discs also.

Could you please, help me partition the C to another 2 drives for managing my files. Thanks 

Student
ayaz_zaidi
Message 13 of 22 (17,240 Views)

Hello all as like everyone`s confusion in forums i would want to confirm those who have deleted their HP_TOOLS partition that is it a correct decision to delete it?

I want to create a new drive on my system with more space replacing this HP_TOOLS partition. I am considering to follow dwalkerde steps posted above in same thread. Should I??

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 14 of 22 (17,232 Views)

See this thread, it may be a better solution and leave the tools partition intact.

Student
Sir_Chix
Message 15 of 22 (16,866 Views)

Here is what worked for me: I hit Cntrl X on the folder that is date/time stamped from the small partition HP-Tools, pasted it on the network.

I opened Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore, went to schedule task and removed the automatic scheduling of the backup.... so if i want to create a backup, it will be on demand....

this way you don't have a scheduler that wants to keep backing up to a small partition duplicates....

worked forme.....

Tutor
hima15
Message 16 of 22 (15,136 Views)

Actually, my fan on my dv6 has actually become quiet. It's amazing, before it used to be loud such as when i opened windows explorer or my computer or played a game, but since the BIOS update, it's silent, i am so happy. !!!!!

Student
almetta
Message 17 of 22 (14,364 Views)

i have had my hp 6 months and i'm not sure of it.  i keep getting a message low space HP_TOOLS(H:smileyhappy: ETC ALL THE TIME

Student
Mubarak08640023
Message 18 of 22 (13,447 Views)

bulan oktober kemaren saya beli Notebook HP mini 110-3556tu PC, setelah saya gunakan ternyata gambar pada layar tidak terlihat penuh. setelah itu saya tanya sama yang jual. katanya, HP tool recoverynya terhapus. jadi, saya bingung, apa yang harus aku lakukan agar gambar dapat terlihat secara penuh pada LCD. tolong kasih info ya ! terimakasih

Student
TATAM
Message 19 of 22 (13,387 Views)

TailsV
TailsV Student
Student
Message 1 of 18 (42,983 Views)
Report Inappropriate Content
What is inside the "HP Tools" partition?
Student
netdriver9
Message 20 of 22 (12,073 Views)

I keep receiving messages that my HP_TOOLS (E:smileyhappy: Disk is Low. How can I remedy this or deleat this. What will I lose if I delete (E)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation