What's okay to uninstall on windows 8 (994 Views)
Intern
GrimyVillain
Message 1 of 11 (994 Views)

What's okay to uninstall on windows 8

Capture.PNG

Except from the ones i use like itunes, chrome and f.lux. 

Recommend to not unistall, why or why not? anything would be a good help, thanks.

Tutor
zigzag3143
Message 2 of 11 (980 Views)

Re: What's okay to uninstall on windows 8

GV

Anything you are going to remove will affect some function but the first thing I would remove is all the Cyberlink software (if you arent using them for burning or authoring).

IMHO (and no doubt I will get slammed for this) I would also remove the HP software.  I usually do a clean install when I get a new computer just for that reason.  Be careful what you remove here and make sure you have a backup/restore point

If you are looking to remove things for spave they dont take up all that much.  If you want to remove to conserve resouces they do

Good luck

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 3 of 11 (964 Views)

if you see that microsoft dont touch that and it is important to have it and for stuff like wild tanget that is a part of hp games and also there is hp games on that seperate too and for me i have no use for it and i removed it and that is upto you if you chose to do so

and dont touch the nvidia that is for your graphic and energy start which you need and intel as well

those i dont adivise to touch and also there are plenty of microsoft stuff there  and to keep it was either their or install along with your MsUpdates

by removing hp stuff that zigzag3143 stated is an options of choice which is up to you if you wish to do so

+

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Intern
GrimyVillain
Message 4 of 11 (948 Views)

Thanks, was wondering how you do a clean install, would that be with an OS disc?

Also, doing that would that void the warranty? and what about the hp support assistance, they provide updates for the computer, are those updates not necessary?

Hope you can clear that up for me, thanks.
PhD Student
Rixander
Message 5 of 11 (941 Views)

i cant say much for w8 install but you should be able to do it with restore disc and maybe from in w8 at desktop but till i get an w8 pc or upgrade i will know how if any different on w8

and to restore the pc with a restore disc will not void your warranty even if you get another hard drive

but i have done restore from the disc and for me all i can say if the say procedure is put the disc in and then restart the pc and let the pc recognise the restore disc and go from there  and i hope that w8 restore has that same procedure

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Intern
GrimyVillain
Message 6 of 11 (908 Views)

Thanks for the response. 

So where will i get my hands on this windows 8 installation disk?

Does HP provide one? or do i have to go out and buy a windows 8 disk? 

Intern
GrimyVillain
Message 7 of 11 (902 Views)

Hey thanks for the the reply,

I was wondering how you do the clean installs? Does HP provide you with a windows boot cd or you buy your own?
Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 8 of 11 (887 Views)

What's okay to uninstall on windows 8

[ Edited ]

This very lengthy document details how to perform a clean install starting on page 20. Some issues can arise when trying to view a PDV in a browser, so I will also attach the file to this message.

A clean installation is basically only what the Windows operating system includes from Microsoft. You would need a complete Windows 8 installation disk to perform a clean install and this is not provided by HP. You can purchase a Windows 8 upgrade disk, but the license dictates a previous version of Windows to be present somewhere on the hard drive to be valid. Microsoft servers will sometimes activate a Windows upgrade installation without a previous version of Windows, but it is policy that it is not to be used as a clean installation. At least, that has been my experience with using an upgrade copy to perform a clean installation with a freshly formatted hard drive.

Some systems do come with the option for a minimized recovery which is essentially a clean install of Windows and it does not require you to purchase an installation disk.

To verify if your system has this option, perform the following steps.
1. Power the notebook off.
2. Power the notebook on and press F11 about once a second until you get to a language select screen.
3. Select your language from the list.
4. Select troubleshoot your PC.
5. Select Recovery Manager.
6. Select Windows 8 as the target.
7. The HP recovery manager should launch. If it has the ability, the minimized recovery will be listed here and will install just the OS and any necessary drivers for it to function. All other software, such as HP Games, will be left out.

If you do choose this path, be sure to backup any files that are important as this will be a fresh start.   The minimized recovery also eliminates the need to follow the steps in the document that was linked to first.  

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
PGM719
Message 9 of 11 (787 Views)

By deleting HP software, you will delay getting support if you have any issues. The HP tools allow you to gather the necessary information for the HP Response Center. I would keep the HP stuff.

Top Student
509Airdale
Message 10 of 11 (82 Views)

I could never understand this remove it all mentality, some stuff is not necessary expecially if you have more advanced software, but this knee-jerk remove it all stuff is boring.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation