Question

Honor Student
Sord
Message 1 of 7 (2,988 Views)

Where to get orginal os ISO (Windows 7 Home Premium Finnish)

Hi

The hard disk of my laptop broke and then normal recovery is not possible. I am tried found ISO of Windows 7 Home Premium, Finnish but no hit. 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 7 (2,977 Views)

Re: Where to get orginal os ISO (Windows 7 Home Premium Finnish)

[ Edited ]

You can find the ISO here.

If you replaced the hard disk, then you can use the recovery disk set you that you created to recover the notebook to the originally installed operating system.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 3 of 7 (2,975 Views)

[ Edited ]

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include your serial number.

hp label.png

When you first setup your computer, you should have created your personal set of HP Recovery Discs or a USB Flash Recovery drive. If you didn't create this media, you will need to order HP Recovery Discs to recover your computer to a factory like state.

If you wish to just install Windows, you will lose all HP provided software and customizations. Please see http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59194.iso to download the Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 U (media refresh) ISO. Use the "ei.cfg Removal Utility" tool on this ISO to make the "Professional" image a universal image that should install Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate. You will only be able to use the version that you have a valid key for. Please see How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc for more instructions, information, and details.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
Sord
Message 4 of 7 (2,970 Views)

[ Edited ]

Will try that, thanks! Not need actually _orginal_ HP stuff but orginal language is that matters, and Erico: there is no "Finnis" & "Home Premium" under your link.

Provost
erico
Message 5 of 7 (2,955 Views)

[ Edited ]

I see Finnish ISO image files there.  Use the ei_cfg utility that lasvegaswireman linked to to make it match the version that you have a license for.

Finnish Windows 7 iso.png

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
Sord
Message 6 of 7 (2,948 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yea I found that but I feeled some frustration about that I found the link from several other places before posting here but nowhere (like your post) infromation that Professional iso is actually also Home Premium iso with configuration difrences. Sorry about that and thanks for your help.

Provost
erico
Message 7 of 7 (2,929 Views)

No worries. We are here to help you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation