Question

Tutor
Hariraam
Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Why NumLock key is removed in new notebooks?

[ Edited ]

I have a HP Notebook TM2-2102TU.

It do not have a NumLock key.

Normally small Laptops have a NumLock key, When it pressed on the followind keys turn as Numerical Keypad keys :

jkl = 123

uio = 456

789 = 789

m = 0

and so on.

With this facility figure data can be typed speedily with three/four fingers.

With this international language characters/ Unicode characters can be typed easily

in MS word or MS wordpad.

without installing keyboard drivers.

Suppose you have to type a Hindi Script character 'क'

Just press hold the ALT key and then type the Decimal Code of Devanagari Unicode, i.e. 2325 from Numerial Keypad.

The 'क' will be typed.

Suppose you have to input 'ka' character of Oriya (Odia) Script.

Just press hold the ALT key and then type the Decimal Code of Oriya Unicode, i.e. 2837 from Numerial Keypad.

Oriya 'କ' will be typed.

Likewise all the charcters/symbols of world languages can be inputed without installing any additional Languages or their keyboard layouts.

As now HP Notebooks/Laptops does not have any NumLock key and option of NumerialKeypads,

the international characters can not be typed in such simple way.

In the Notebook HP TM2-2102TU, as no NumLock key is available. HP must provide other Software solution to Map any other key as NumLock key and provide option of Numerical Keypad.

Almost all HP and DELL laptops and notebooks now coming in market do not have Num-Lock key facility.

This is a great foolishness of HP and DELL management, to remove the Num-lock feature.

Thousands of world students, scholars and IT gurus are therefore suggesting the people not to purchase HP and DELL laptops.

Whereas now Lenevo, sony, Asus, Acer etc. other It giants are providing good facility of Num-lock and Option+ or Fn+ Numerical Keypad in their small laptops like 12", 11" screen size also.

Sale of HP laptops is going down day by day. Unless HP buy-back or repair or replace the keyboard of all such laptops/Notebooks, without Num-lock facility, his goodwill in market cannot be revived.

All persons are therefore advised by the experts not to purchase any HP laptops/Notebooks.

I cannot understad what is the reason or what benefit HP got, by removing the NumLock faclity? Whereas no any extra cost incur in manufacturing keyboards with a NumLock key facility?

Student
kisnjak
Message 2 of 2 (65 Views)

Re: Why NumLock key is removed in new notebooks?

Dear HP
Any response on this question???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation