08-02-2011 08:01 AM
My HP G56 laptop takes at least 15 minutes to switch off - why would this be ?
My BIOS is the latest and the HDD is only 25% full
I have run all the standard checks and this has not helped
I think that the problem may lie in the registry ?
08-02-2011 08:24 AM
It could be a program that is running and has problems closing, or it could be a virus/malware
Reboot the PC when done with SAS, then shut down, see if it is better, report back.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)