Why does my laptop take so long to switch off ? (423 Views)
Student
teeboo
Message 1 of 2 (423 Views)

Why does my laptop take so long to switch off ?

My HP G56 laptop  takes at least 15 minutes to switch off - why would this be ?

My BIOS is the latest and the HDD is only 25% full

I have run all the  standard checks and this has not helped

I think that the problem may lie in the registry ?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 2 (406 Views)

Re: Why does my laptop take so long to switch off ?

It could be a program that is running and has problems closing, or it could be a virus/malware

Follow the order given below to disinfect your PC

1.) On a PC that is Not infected, Make a boot AV disc then boot from the disc on the Infected PC and scan the hard drive, remove any infections it finds,

2.) Then boot into Windows:

Install free MBAM, run the program and go to the Update tab and update it, then go to the Scanner Tab and do a quick scan, select and remove anything it finds.

3.) When MBAM is done install SAS free version, run a quick scan, remove what it automatically selects.

These last 2 are not AV softwares like Norton, they are on demand scanners that only scan for nasties when you run the program and will not interfere with your installed AV, these can be run once a day or week to ensure you are not infected. Be sure you update them before each daily-weekly scan.

Reboot the PC when done with SAS, then shut down, see if it is better, report back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation