Question

Honor Student
curticle
Message 1 of 4 (1,255 Views)

Why is My HP 2000-2b80DX so SLOW and unable to play HD Videos smoothly?

[ Edited ]

I just bought a brand new HP-2000 2b80DX 3days ago, it comes with a AMD dual core processor (E-300) running at 1.3Ghz, 320GB Hard drive, 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM, Windows 8.  

I am an heavy multi-tasker so it turns out to be a disappointing release given it performance. What is so annoying is that it CAN NOT play any 720p high definition videos decently without jerking and loosing sound. Even my friend's 2009 Vista-based, dual core Samsung NP-R510 runs fine and plays smoothly the same HD videos downloaded on mine and buy unable to play it properly.

I am tired of tweaking the AMD Vision Engine Control Centre to get a managable result but it either get worse or plays relatively smoother with unbearable sound loss, so I restoed it back to it default settings.

If I have come to accept my faith, but even it ought to at least play my HD videos even if it can be as fast as his Samsung NP-R510. 

What can I do? Do I need to download any drivers update for performance boost? Do I need to overclock the measly 1.3Ghz

And is the AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics a dedicated one or integrated with the CPU?

PhD Student
Mista B
Message 2 of 4 (1,237 Views)

Re: Why is My HP 2000-2b80DX so SLOW and unable to play HD Videos smoothly?

[ Edited ]

E300 is a GPU (cpu/graphics intergrated into one)
E300 is useless even compared to 7 year old core duo cpus & a $20USD T7700 would be better.
If you have any option to return/exchange then do so, I have a E450 S205 & that ok for netbook use & light entertainment & great battery life but a lot better in terms of performance is & was available 7yrs ago ...

I really think this was the wrong machine for your usage ...

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.
Honor Student
curticle
Message 3 of 4 (1,225 Views)

[ Edited ]

The horrible thing is my sponsor's will be paying the equivalent of $834.678 installmentaly over a period of her salary time. I have called the buyer who she's making the deal with for complain and if it can be returned and was simply told "we don't do business like that".

I just don't know what to do right now, all over google, everyone has a bad news about this particular model and since began to have the feeling the laptop was pushed on me rusefuly. A friend asked me to check out another frineds system and to my surprise it was an HP Sleekbook 15, Core i5, 6GB RAM, 640GB HD, though it has no bluetooth and an optical drive for the equivalent of $840.861, he told me it's also an installmental deal but from another dealer. Knowing that alone irks me.

I can't believe this happened to me, because most of my pals knows I am always discerning about which system is excellent and which is not so I came here as a last resort to know if there's anything I can do to at least make HD playback smooth? I actually was opting for something that could render fast with video editing application like Adobe premiere and moderate gaming such as Crysis 1 and PES2013. 

PhD Student
Mista B
Message 4 of 4 (1,210 Views)

I normally have 21 days in which I can return a notebook as long as still in sensible new condition for any reason really but what retailers offer & what is law will differ worldwide so worth doing some homework.

Should play HD video fine as my E450 is quite good as a little media system & gets hooked up to tv & hifi all the time & the graphics on these GPUs are the better half.

Maybe worth researching graphics drivers as some poor performance could be down to less than optimised driver release for Windows 8 perhaps, also run through all graphics settings & power plans to make sure a setting is not holding it back.

These low performing gpus need a very clean & well setup machine as bad choices of antivirus & having likes of windows defender running as well plus other nasty services found on OEM machines will just make thing worse.

You paid good money but your machine hardware does not match the price tag or your needs unfortunatly :-/

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation