Why is my Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM shutting down and saying it is overheating? (2054 Views)
Student
harp222
Message 1 of 3 (2,054 Views)

Why is my Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM shutting down and saying it is overheating?

I have an 8 month old Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM.  After starting, it shuts down after 6-10 minutes.  After restarting the following error message is listed "The system BIOS has detected your notebook PC was previously shut down to avoid overheating.  . . . System Temperature (90D)".

The computer vents are not blocked, the computer is not hot to the touch, and no other issues are immediately identifiable.  The operating system is Windows 7.  The start up test resulted in a successful pass.  Can someone tell me what the solution to my problem is?.  Will I need to send the computer to the company for repairs?  Is this a BIOS issue?

Professor
Pankay
Message 2 of 3 (2,032 Views)

Re: Why is my Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM shutting down and saying it is overheating?

Plz download and install the latest  BIOS.

||-Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.-||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
Student
Shishir537
Message 3 of 3 (1,087 Views)

Why is my Compaq Presario CQ43 shutting down and saying thermal problem. 90D

When i press power button of my laptop it shuts down after 15-20 seconds saying thermal problem 90D. But my operating system is running perfectly. I use Win8. This problem is driving me crazy. I cant do anything because it shuts down after 15-20 secs. Help me with this problem please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation