07-22-2012 04:42 PM
Yesterday my laptop (G60-552NR Notebook) wouldn't start up for some reason. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. It normally boots up, showing the Windows/Microsoft logos. But when it gets to the part where I'm supposed to log in, the screen turns black, and all you have is the mouse. I have ran the start up test, the system memory test and the hard disk test passes too. Is it an OS problem? I have a recovery disk,a repair disk, and the system image disks, do I need to used these? Thanks.
07-22-2012 06:07 PM
Sounds like an OS issue.
I would try the repair disk first.
If that doesn't work, try your system image disk if you made that with your preserved files and added programs.
If you run the recovery disk, all of your data will be lost.
Run the recovery disk as a last resort.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)