Question

Tutor
abheekmaiti
Message 1 of 15 (3,357 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wifi Button Not working(Remains orange) after upgradation to windows 8

the wifi orange light does not change to white light after upgrading to windows 8 OS from windows home premium. i am using pavilion dv6-7011tx laptop, my product no. is. B0P39PA#ACJ this is very frustating as theres no wifi as well as bluetooth connectivity, the wireless button key solution is useless. HP guys plz give us a solution we are waiting over a month. 

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 15 (3,349 Views)

Re: Wifi Button Not working(Remains orange) after upgradation to windows 8

[ Edited ]

If you open the Device Manager (Windows key +  X and select device manager) and see an unknown device with  the following details as in the image.  I had the same unfortunate experience when I upgraded my loaner Hp Envy17-3002ea last weekend.

wifi button.png

then downloading and installing sp59720 should do the trick.

Best regards,

erico 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
abheekmaiti
Message 3 of 15 (3,325 Views)

i tried installing it but this does not help. it simply makes dat f12 button switch da flight mode on and off but da wifi still is in grey..dat means not switched on still. the problem is with the bios update F13. please bring a new bios update with that fault gone

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 15 (3,309 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Was the wireless adapter working before this? (I mean after you installed Windows 8)

Did you check in the Device Manager to see if the values were the same as in the image that I posted?

Use the same method in the Device Manager so we can see if you installed the correct wireless adapter.

The first thing to do is to uninstall the current adapter.

With the unknown adapter that appears  find the hardware ids information and post it here. I will use the database to see which adapter is installed in your notebook.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Tutor
abheekmaiti
Message 5 of 15 (3,268 Views)

Untitled.png

there is no unknown device now. i installed the bluetooth driver but still it doesnt work. da led is orange and doesnt switch on even after repeated presses.

i am also giving u the link to da same problems which other users are facing 2.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/Wireless-button-f...

Tutor
abheekmaiti
Message 6 of 15 (3,267 Views)

Can you please tell the release date of the fresh bios update after F13. for dv6 7011tx . that is the only solution in my view.

i have downgraded the bios to previous version and the games arent running smooth without AC supply. terrible on battery. 

PLEASE HELP

Provost
erico
Message 7 of 15 (3,254 Views)

Hi abheekmati,

There was nothing in this discussion about bluetooth that I am aware of.

My understanding of the content of the original post was that you were having issues with the wireless button. How about clarifying what your issue is and lets tackle an item at a time. Your cooperation in this is imperative. Please answer the question that I asked you in my last post.

Best regards,

erico 

Top Student
mits134
Message 8 of 15 (3,247 Views)

hello,

i am having the same problem that after upgrading to windows 8 os my wifi and bluetooth are not working.

they can't be turned on. i have hp pavilion dv6 7010 tx notebook.

the wifi button stays orange and the wifi and bluetooth stays off.

i upgraded the bios , installed the wireless button driver, installed the latest drivers for wireless and bluetooth but nothing helped.

i also had a chat with the hp support official.

she told me to do a dry boot ( remove all the power sources then press the powr button for 45 min, the start the laptop using ac supply and go to the bios setup and restore defaults). but this only worked for the first time.

again i restarted the laptop it was again the same problem.

so whenever i want to run wifi or bluetooth i have to first do a dry boot which is quite annoying.

i read on other threads where some said that put it to sleep and then wake again and it will solve the problem but it too didnt worked for me.

it was working fine before upgrading.

what should i do?

plz help.

thanx in advance

Honor Student
TWnoir
Message 9 of 15 (3,194 Views)

I am also having the same problem on a Dv6t-6b00.  I have verified that the intel drivers for the wireless card work the same  whether the bluetooth option is installed or not.  Also did a cold start with no change.  Recently installed latest HP BIOS update and UEFI drivers; no change.  Don't know if that caused or contributes to this problem.

Honor Student
TWnoir
Message 10 of 15 (3,184 Views)

Just downloaded Wireless Button Driver sp59720.  This effectively toggles the antenna on/off.  The confusion appears to be that Win 8 reports "Airplane Mode" when this key is toggled.  That is different than Win 7.  AS long as it does the job I'm satisfied.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation