Question

Honor Student
VadimHPuser
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)

Win 7 x64 HB HP Pavilion g7-1054er HDD formated, how to recover?

Hallo, All! At first - sorry for my English.

I Have problem with my laptop HP Pavilion g7-1054er with preinstalled Win 7 x64 HB and some other software (without CD in laptop pack), so, problem:

1. Blue screen when windows started. F11 recovery didn't help.

2. i haven't HP Recovery CD/DVD, but i have another DVD with Windows 7 64x HB from another PC (not HP)

3. I installed Win 7 from that DVD (with Formation of all discs), but my activated code (sticker on HP laptop) didn,t work

Question:

How recovery my laptop to factory settings? (its no hidden recovery HDD's (virt) on HDD)

PhD Student
Checkurtech
Message 2 of 4 (70 Views)

Re: Win 7 x64 HB HP Pavilion g7-1054er HDD formated, how to recover?

Hi

Is the DVD of Windows 7 the same version you have on your machine  ( Home premium , Pro , ultimate ) if you have say home premium product key stcker on your system and you try to try to install ~Pro or Ultimate this won't work because your key is not supported for the installed ( by you ) copy of Windows. You will either need the say Home premium disk 32bit or 64bit or call HP in your region for the official recovery media for your PC ( This will cost you around $30-$40 for the recovery media ) 

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Honor Student
VadimHPuser
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)

Versions of Windows Factory preinstalled and than @self@ installed are same.  Do you hear smth about possibilyty of free download HP Recovery product? Ty for your answer!

PhD Student
Checkurtech
Message 4 of 4 (59 Views)

Hi

The best solution to your problem is to call HP in your local area and order the recovery media for your machine.  Unfortunately, you cannot download any free version of the recovery media for your machine.  

Hope this helps.

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation