11-28-2012 03:40 PM
Generic question - officially Win8 requires CPU's with SSE2, PAE, and NX.
Some Pentium M's were manufactured with SSE2, but without PAE or NX.
I had heard there was an alternative Setup.exe in \Source\ that bypassed the checking step in Setup. I do not know if this was in Preview or in RTM.
For real legacy stuff, has anyone else heard of this, and once installed (if it gets installed) does Win8 work or are there other "hacks" that need to be made?
11-28-2012 03:45 PM
The procedure in the following weblink might help you :
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)