06-27-2014 10:06 AM
I have hp pavilion 15 but i suffer a problem when i install window 7 on it ,it not take the boot of window 7 .This laptop has genuine window 8 i think is a compatibility issue if it does how i resolve it. Tell me complete method.
06-27-2014 10:11 AM
Shut down the notebook. Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu, then select f10 to enter the Bios Menu. Use the arrow keys to select System Configuration, select Boot Options and hit enter.
You need to set Secure Boot to Disabled and Legacy Support to Enabled.
Then press f10, select to Save the changes and hit enter.
Next, you may get an on-screen prompt to enter a 4 digit number displayed on the screen - do so and hit enter.
You should now be able to boot from the Windows 7 installation disc the boot options menu ( f9 ) at start-up.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)