Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have latest version of BIOS for my laptop and this problem, so it's not that. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem too. Trying to put he system into sleep mode just shuts the screen off, but the power button remains on, and it requires a hard reset to get it back up again. I've run the new battery tools in Win10, and they are telling me the system is staying active right up until the battery is completely drained. I have an HP Envy 15, and the Intel chip as well. I have tried updating the drivers, and checked for a BIOS update, but nothing has worked yet. Come on HP/Intel - get this fixed! This is a major bug!

HP Recommended

Yup, another Envy x360 user here experiencing the same problem.  I reset the computer for a fresh install and it still fails to awaken when it goes to sleep on its own, by either timing out or being closed.  I can select it to go to sleep from the start menu, and I can wake it up just fine by clicking the power button once, but other ways just don't work. I even updated the driver with the tips in the opening post, and that made no improvement. 

HP Recommended
*So pressing power button it wont wake up.
*Closing lid and open it won't wake up.
*Selecting sleep from start it won't wake up.
*Timer puts pc to sleep automatically it won't wake up.
*Shutting down pc the light stays on have to hold power button down to fully shut it down.

Some said its solved ? Don't make me laugh. Tried newest Intel graphic HD drivers my BIOS is latest uninstalled all HP software nothing works. I know how to use a pc.

I do think it's the Intel Graphics HD Drivers though because if its been on a short time it will sometimes not always work fine.
HP Recommended

Changed WORKGROUP to WORKGRP, rebooted, tested sleep worked fine, changed back to WORKGROUP, rebooted, tested sleep many times including lid closing.....everything is fine now for the past hour or so.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Same issue here, HP ProBook 470 G1, Intel HD 4600&Radeon HD 8750, Windows 10 Home Single Language 64bit. 

I get BSOD with "internal power error" on every boot to desktop with "hybrid graphics" enabled and drivers from either Windows update or HP, so I disabled...

It would then boot normally but if I clode the lid and open later PC is warm as it was on all the time and I get BSOD with some other message...

I made it hibernate instead of sleep when I close lid and it has been working ok for two days but today it wouldnt resume, stuck on black screen, I had to force shut down 😞 

I was thinking of restoring my Windows 8.1 setup that worked fine (after few days of madness with switchable graphics and drivers) but being that this is my secondary PC now I want to see this resolved and will stick with Win10 and this problem to see how it goes.

There were some (not all) Windows 10 x64 drivers available for this model but HP removed all of them since last night, I wonder what is going on... I think they need to write new BIOS first and include "fixed mode" for graphics so we can, at least, use dGPU only to avoid problems.

I hate that I have to write this but, really, call this "ProBook"???

HP Recommended

The final word: Microsoft is sucks 

HP Recommended

For the record, same problem here. HP Envy 17

Thing is, it SOMETIMES works- so anybody who thinks they have a solution needs to just wait - it will break again. I think the longer the computer is on & the more things running the higher odds it fails to sleep

HP Recommended
So true, I found out that before I tried all those solutions that my computer would wake from sleep but in another 5 hours or longer would test to see if it would sleep and it would never fully sleep. Pretty sure everyone else tries these solutions immediately and not wait for it to see if its fully fixed
HP Recommended
Really sucks too because I really don't want to have to go back to windows 8.1. I really do like windows 10 but the point of a laptop is for mobility. How are we suppose to travel with it when our only options are to shut it down every time or take off sleep mode, ect? Such a nuisance. We'll have to leave our computers on 24/7
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.