Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Update for:
Download Windows Mobile Device from
www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?
id=14

Visit this link for more help....
support.microsoft.com/kb/931937
HP Recommended

@Mumbodog wrote:

Yes.

"drvupdate-x86" is for 32bit Windows, you need the 64bit version before it will attempt to install.

What device are you trying to connect using Bluetooth?

HP Recommended

bluetooth peripheral device driver for windows 7 64bit

HP Recommended

I  am here for the same Error as the very first Post in this thread. 

Device - HP Folio 13-2000 

PRODUCT - Can Post if needed

OS - Windws 7 64 Bit SP1

I am not trying to connect anything specific, although I used my phone and a bluetooth headset as example. At present, without any device being connected, in the Device manager, I see 7 Entries under "Other Devices". All of them are called "Bluetooth Peripheral Devices" and have the Yellow Exclamation mark on them.  I did install this Driver but that did not resolve these Yellow Exclamation Marks.

This laptop does not appear to have Broadcom Bluetooth Adaptor but instead Intel's combined BT Wireless Adaptor. My Wireless connection to internet is fine.

HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @sdupadhye

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are seeing an exclamation mark on Bluetooth in device manager.  Happy to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you run the troubleshooter available in the control panel?

Could you please share the product number of your computer?

Recommend you to update the wireless driver and Bluetooth driver on your computer using HP Support Assistant.

Make sure the wireless button on your computer is ON and open device manager.

Check if Bluetooth is listed in device manager and is enabled. 

If the issue persists, please uninstall the Bluetooth driver from device manager, delete the driver when prompted and restart the computer couple times to refresh the driver.

Recommend you to run the troubleshooter from the control panel. 

To get the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, follow the procedure mentioned below:

a)    Press Windows key + W, type Devices and Printers in the search box.

b)    Select Devices and Printer from the list.

c)    Right-click on the device icon of the computer name and select “Bluetooth Device.”

d)    In “Bluetooth Settings” window, check “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area”, and then click “OK.”

e)    If the Bluetooth icon is still not found in the notification area, reinstall Bluetooth drivers and check.

Refer to this Microsoft post for assistance and Connect a Bluetooth device article

Let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @

1. There is a Bluetooth icon in Windows 7 System Tray. It appears enabled in the sense I can attmpt to add a device from there.
  2. In Device Manager, there is a Bluetooth Radios entry. Upon expanding it, there are 2 entries
    1. Generic Bluetooth Adaptor
    2. Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

All of this is enabled and does not have that Exclamation mark.
  3. In addition, in Device manager, under Network Adaptors, I see
    1. Bluetooth device (Personal Area Network)
    2. Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
  4. Other than this, I have 8 Entries under Other Devices, which are all called "Bluetooth Peripheral Devices" and they all have Exclamation Mark.
  5.  Your Instructions for getting the Bluetooth Icon are wrong. Those are for Windows 8 or Windows 10. I  repeat I am on Windows 7. Besides I have the icon in tray.
  6. Uninstalling the Driver did not resolve the issue.
HP Recommended

Any Updates ? 

HP Recommended

stupadhye (haha)

Your situation is exactly the same as mine on a Zbook 15 with Windows 7 Pro.

Bluetooth peripheral device drivers cannot be found.  Everything else is up to date and working, all buttons turned on, device is actually connecting, just can't load the drivers.  I'm assuming I also have the Intel bluetooth as it just says "GendericAdapter" in the properties.

Frustrating.

HP Recommended

I found these two links:

This didn't work for me, I can't seem to figure out how to say "Connect device" when I turn my device on (a speaker) and the drivers show up as disconnected.  But maybe it'll work for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bluetooth-Peripheral-Device-driv...

I found this, too, but haven't loaded them yet to see if they work.

http://www.driverscape.com/download/bluetooth-peripheral-device

HP Recommended

The second one worked for me, the bluetooth drivers are loading appropriately.

I still can't get the device to connect when I turn it on, but the drivers are there and say they are working.  I'm imagining this is now my problem figuring out the interface of how to connect a bluetooth device now. (IOW, I don't want to have to delete the device and add it every time I want to connect).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.