Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to identify and locate the correct Windows 7 64-bit drivers to suit an HP 2000 Notebook PC (2000-2d54TU, 

Product No.: F0C88PA#ABG). I have searched the forums for similar models without success.

The only Windows 7 drivers on the notebook's download page are for audio and network, but not the chipset/graphics drivers.

I can retrieve and post the strings from Device manager if required. Thanks 😉

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from this model on yours.

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE FILES FROM THIS MODEL

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

HP Recommended

Thank you for youir helpful response.

I've downloaded most of what I needed from the link you supplied, however there's no Bluetooth driver there. Device manager reports the Bluetooth Controller as PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298.

I've found what may be suitable at

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts....

Can you suggest a better one to use?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Much better, thank you.

With the wealth of drivers and software from the 2000t model you pointed me to, I forgot that there were of course SOME drivers and software available for my 2000 model at its download page... including Bluetooth drivers! It turns out that the driver is the identical package that I'd found elsewhere (sp61937, version 9.2.10.22 dated 2013-05-08).

I will however use the newer one you've just referenced, being sp65805, version 11.0.752.0, 21 Mar 2014. (As an aside, I wonder why HP haven't included this on the download page for my model).

I actually have 10 identical notebooks that I'm setting up, so want to get this right, and have done some trial installs of the drivers.

I'd like your opinion on the correct install order: I'm planning to go with Chipset, Graphics, Essential System Updates, then the rest (including audio, LAN, WiFi, MEI, RST, card reader, touchpad, OSD, and Quick Launch).

I'm a big fan of keeping things simple, so only want the bare basics. For example, are the HP 'Essential System Updates' really essential?

I note that the Intel HD Graphics driver also installs the audio (version 6.1.7601.17514, 19/11/2010), but I plan to follow it with the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver sp56679 (which brings it to 6.0.1.6566, 6/03/2012). The numbering indicates to me that the Realtek driver is a lower version, but the date suggests otherwise.

Should the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) and/or Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) drivers be installed earlier in the sequence?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is the recommended order of some driver installation.

1. Intel chipset driver and reboot.

2. Intel graphics driver and reboot. The audio being referenced for the Intel graphics driver is for the HDMI out port if your notebook has one.

3. Realtek HD audio and reboot.

4. Realtek ethernet.

Then install the rest.

Intel RST is not necessary for your model.

The only software I would install would be the quick launch software, webcam software (Cyberlink You Cam) and the Power DVD software (optional since W7 has DVD codecs).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.