10-28-2009 08:03 AM
I wanted to know if anyone could help me out with this issue, i just updgraded my laptop's OS from Vista to Win 7 and the only driver that i noticed that its being missing its the one for the Quick Launch Buttons.
I did install the one for vista, but when i start win 7 it tells me right away that i ve got the wrong driver OS for that .
How can i solve this problem ?
Thanks for reading it ..
This question was solved. View Solution.
01-05-2010 03:57 AM
I appriciate your post however the driver you suggested did not work on either of the two DV 6000 that I tried it on. One was running Win7 Ultimate x64 and the other had Win7 Home (32 bit) installed on it.
Any other suggestions?
09-14-2010 09:53 AM
I had the same issue for ages, but by trying different combo's of drivers, restarting at the right time, compatability mode etc... i sorted it.
I have the HP with the pull our remote control though, and i had trouble getting those to work, but all fixed in the end. Not sure if your model is the same.
I've uploaded the files I used to MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?ldq6s8qyrzqwr
This contains the 3 files used to fix the laptop. They're labeled First, Second and Latest. Install in that order, earlier to latest.
1) When you have downloaded all the files, right click 'Quick Play Drivers - First' > Properties > Compatability
2) Tick the box marked 'Compatability mode' and select 'Vista Service Pack 2' and tick 'Run as Administrator' > Click OK to close the window
3) Install as normal
5) Do the same with 'Quick Play Drivers - Second'
7) Do the same with Quick Play Web Update - Latest
9) In your my programs list there should be a QuckPlay icon, right click, click properties and ensure all of that is set to run in the same compatability
10) You may get warning by Windows that the software you are installing will not work with your laptop, tick Don't Remind Me Again' or whatever it is and continue.
That seemed to fix it for me and i'd be battling with it for months and months, looking at every website out there!
09-14-2010 10:27 AM
05-03-2011 08:01 AM
do you have any idea what driver to download for the nvidia chipset? i've downloaded 3 and not one worked with windows 7, the chipset supposedly is a gforce 6150. thanks in advance.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)