Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ram_79

Try this Vista driver>>nVidia Chipset (Install and reboot) here

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having problems with the quick launch buttons. I have have tried differant soulutions such as unpluging

the power plug then disconnect the battery pack, and then hold the power button down for 30 sec. This would

work for a short time. Is there a download that can solve this issue ?

Thanks

mike

HP Recommended

dear cherylG - seems your remedy has worked for many.

for me, though (dv4t, win7-64) it doesn't - i get "this software can only be installed on a hewlett-packard system" trying to run both the installers you provide links to.

yes, i've already done the QPFlag -registry fix as found on the net.

what gives?

HP Recommended

it appears that my wifi-troubles were not on the quicklaunch front after all - now the machine works, once i'd gone via winXP to switch the wireless devices on and verified that the button actually works.

it may be that it was the HP wireless assistant software (wireless devices ON OFF - the icon on the taskbar) that does not work on 7-64 - x'cept the command line-utility that the installation places in the same folder. so now i have a wirelessON.bat file to sort this out at each startup.

hope this helps someone along their travels.

HP Recommended

Hope I don't have the same issues after I install another board in my client's HP Pavilion dv6225us.

The specs for the board on HP documents says it is a capatable board # 443775-001 but had a 443774-001 in it at first for a GPU issue. No wireless of screen. Screen was ilumminated but had long thin & wide vertical lines on it but no OS or sound present. Had all power to the laptop.  I know it's the GPU came unseated. Seen it too many times working on them.

For my sake it better work.  Ebay merchant i'm purchasing the exchanged 433775-001 from said it might not work properly.

Should have just sent it to my other mechant & had the reflow done to it in the first place & be done with it.

Hope it goes well for me at the end of the replacement.

Any additional comments are welcome!!

HP Pavilion D2346C Seagate 500 gig 7200 rpm 4 gb FoxConn socket 775
Compaq Presario laptop CQ57 Windows 7 64 bit 4 gb's ram
Compaq Presario F700US Windows Vista 64 bit 2gb ram.

Being old is no fun at all!
Home based computer repair business PCTech Inc.
HP Recommended

Hi CherylG,

I hope that you can help me find the answer to the problem of the Quick Launch Buttons not working.

I found out that my problem might be a Hardware problem or the Mother Board. If true, is their a

download fix for this or do I have to take in for repairs ?

Thanks

mike

HP Recommended

Have you tried a hard reset?works sometimes.Disconnect all external devices first.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 30 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.

4-power on

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

finger touch

HP Recommended

Hi

I have HP-Pavilion DV6 (6205us) the light and function of the launch buttons stopped working... i tried to find software for it but couldn't get em for Win 7 plz help me out with this problem... i will try the one you posted but still tell me if its software prob... it even don't start in win 8

HP Recommended

ive invested 8hrs of time trying to make the quick player bottons work, the quick player works finupe but the qucik player button doesnt. this happened after i upgraded to windows 7. i have done all the directions you instucted severally to no avail. this is what ive been doing so far

1. downloaded and installed quick player

2. downloaded and installed quick player buttons software

3. removed all externals then removed my battery and the charger and then pressed down the power botton for 30 secs

4. uninstalled the programs and installed again

please help me out

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.