Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is there a new driver for the HP ScanJet 3400C. It is a good sanncer and have used it through all the upgrades. Surely HP will have a new driver that will work on Windows 7??????????????????

49 REPLIES 49
HP Recommended

HP hasn't released drivers for 3400c since XP. An alternative that some use is the highly rated VueScan. Although not free, it is less than a new scanner.Try the free trial to test if it will work with your model:

http://www.hamrick.com/

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hey I just downloaded this driver

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=sj652en&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=...

and ran it under XP combatibily mode, works fine!

HP Recommended

My pc is a new Dell windows 7 64 bit and the 3400c is working fine.

The secret is to download (for free) and install microsoft's "XP Virtual machine"

it's like having an XP machine INSIDE your win 7 machine.

The installation requires 2 downloads and works smoothly.

Once in the XP environment the XP version of the 3400c software works fine.

Just remember to (at the top of the screen) use the USB menu to "attach" the scanner to the XP subsystem (which basically rerouts that USB address to the XP environment)

So far the only real bug is the windows backup will FAIL if the virtual machine has been started, even if it is stopped the backup will fail with a message about VCC or similar. If you start the virtual machine you need to do a total reboot of your pc to allow windows (win 7) backup&system image to function. But, as backup on my pc runs Tue at 1AM - I just reboot Monday night and not start the virtual machine and backup is happy.

ken

HP Recommended

It is very a pity, I cannot receive from you the driver to the уscnjet 3400c for windows 7... (
It is necessary to buy the new scanner. The big temptation to get production HP...
But more I will not get on this fishing tackle. I have already bought the printer of other firm, now I will buy the scanner at Epson. "Thanks for fine support!"   

HP Recommended

if you add the free "xp virtual machine" subsystem to windows 7 (professional or higher) - the scanjet driver for xp will work just fine.

ken

HP Recommended

E' possibile avere un software HP ScanJet 3400c per windows 7?

HP Recommended

nein

nada

no

HP Recommended

I HAVE A SCANNER HP3400C I NOW WORK ON WINDOWS 7 AND I THINK I NEED NEW DRIVERS FOR MY SCANNER. DO YOU HAVE ANY DOWNLOADS FOR THIS SCANNER. 

PLEASE REPLY THANK YOU MR. R.WARD.

HP Recommended

Just follow this link 😉 it worked for me!!!

http://www.aronson.co.il/HP_Scanjet_3400c_Scanner_Windows_7.aspx

Enjoy it mate! Hopefully I'm not too late that you sold your good scanner...

Greetings!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.