Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

First of all, let me be clear that I have read most of the available posts I was able to get my eyes on.

So, I'm still feeling disappointed by HP not having proper drivers for ScanJet 3400C and Windows 7 32, not to speak about W7 64.

For personal reasons, I have refurbished my home main computer with a 2TB SATA HDD. There, I have installed Windows XP SP3 32 bits, to host some applications I couldn't use in other O.S.'s and was foreced to keep using. So I have installed the proper drivers for ScanJet 3400C and everything is working fine... under WXP!

I have another install with W7 64. There I have just installed the fresh new Batman Arkham Origins, which happen to run only in W7 and up. No way to install the drivers for my scanner. I have read on using a virtualized WXP on it, but it is out of my purposes for this machine.

After finishing install, W7 managed to build a menu for multiple startup so I can still use the scanner... although in WXP only!

On the same machine and disk, I have a third install with XUbuntu 12.04 LTS. After it ended the installation process, it build its own multi-startup menu, so I keep being able tu use WXP and W7. Moreover, I didn't need any special driver to use my 3400C. Simple Scan is perfectly capable of using it "right out of the box".

Hence, I have three OS's in my system and can use the scanner in two of them. Not bad but far from perfect.

I hope somebody in HP reads this conversation (not just this post) and gets the message: We all want a proper driver for W7 and our excellent 3400C!

HP Recommended

Hey you all!

I posted at Freelancer my proposal for a programmer to write an unofficial driver:

https://www.freelancer.com/projects/Software-Architecture/ScanJet-driver-for-Windows-bits.html

Please everyone help to spread it through the net. Repost it in forums and social media.

We all need it to be a success!

HP Recommended

Other people has done it yet for Canon scanners:

http://www.webwhitenoise.com/item/2009/05/canon-canoscan-lide-50-x64-drivers/

So it's not impossible at all!

HP Recommended
merci sa fonctionne bien
HP Recommended
un grand merci
HP Recommended

hallo ken je een drver of software naar me mail sturen

voor windows 7 64bits

vriendelijke groeten Taco

HP Recommended

I've tried to instal HP PrecisionScan LTX (for Hp scanjet 3400c) on my PC with Windows7, but i cannot use my scanner

HP Recommended

Before  writing - you must read ...for win7 32bit -jetdirect_500x -suggested  -http://www.aronson.co.il/HP_Scanjet_3400c_Scanner_Windows_7.aspx

...for win7 64bit -  .....all  we  "wait"

HP Recommended

sj652: I've installed the program and I've selected any voice for compatibility and I'm administrator, bul the scanner don't goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileymad: 

HP Recommended

1.For  win7 32bit -check das scanner works in win xp mode (wirtual mashine)....if  "yes"...scaner is good

2. sj652....compability "xp"

3.instal

4.Again -compability "xp" for evry exe-files in instaled directory

5.turn on the scanner

good luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.