Windows 7, HDX16 and Blu-ray (1358 Views)
Student
thattolleyguy
Message 1 of 2 (1,358 Views)

Windows 7, HDX16 and Blu-ray

I recently bought the HDX16 and have since reformatted my hard drive and installed Windows 7 Professional. (I had a copy of Windows 7 Professional but wasn't able to upgrade from Windows Vista Home Premium because you cannot upgrade Vista Home Premium to 7 Professional. This is why I was forced to reformat.) In doing this, I kept the HP Recovery Partition on the hard drive in case I ever needed to go back to Vista.

I've been downloading all the drivers for 7 from hp.com. However, I've recently found that Windows 7 does not have native blu-ray support.I was wondering if I install the HP Mediasmart software, will I be able to play blu-ray discs? I have not had a chance to test that yet, but I have a friend that says he was not able to get it to work. If HP MediaSmart does not have software support for blu-ray, is there a way to extract the specific software from the Recovery Partition without completely rolling back to Vista? Or is there a download to get the software? I'm hoping to test the blu-ray support later today, but I'd love to hear from anyone that might have had a similar problem. Thanks.

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 2 of 2 (1,354 Views)

Re: Windows 7, HDX16 and Blu-ray

Hello yes,download teh Hp Mediasmart for the HDX6 Win 7 , This will enable you to watch Blu Ray.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-77458-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

feel free to download the rest of the MediaSmart SW while you are there

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation