Question

Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 1 of 7 (567 Views)

Windows 7 Startup problem

Hey,

I have HP g62 laptop with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit installed. The problem that i'm facing is the windows does not go to the login screen. after the windows 7 logo screen loading, there is a black screen that comes and the system seems to be stop at that point. i have to restart the laptop multiple time to reach the login screen. I tried searching over it and the startup repair requires a windows 7 cd which i dont have. Please help as to how can i fix this start up issue without the windows 7 cd.

thanks& regards

Hi, i'm an online marketer with expertise in search engine optimization and social media marketing.
Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (565 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Startup problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Rescue CD.  Download the ISO from the link below.

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD into the notebook and restart to boot from it.  Select the Repair option.

Select the 'Repair your Computer' option and follow Option 2 in the guide on the link below to run Start-up Repair – you may need to run this 2 or 3 times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html

If the above fails to help, make a note of any error messages you may get during the procedure and include them with your next post.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)

Hello david

i tried the method you mentioned above, downloaded the iso, burnt it with img on a dvd and booted windows with it but nothing happened. the startup repair started and took a long time in identifying the problem but in the end error said that windows cannot repair the problem. please report it with 1- Send report (recomended) 2-dont send.

tried this option 4 to 5 times but did'nt work.

please guide

thanks 

Hi, i'm an online marketer with expertise in search engine optimization and social media marketing.
Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 7 (535 Views)

Hi,

Did you get the same message each time you ran Start-up repair?

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 5 of 7 (507 Views)

ok i'll try it out and share the feedback.

i want to make a dvd myself with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. can you help me with downloading the windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 6 of 7 (493 Views)

Hi,

You can create an installation disc yourself using another PC - just download the Disc Image from the link below and use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO correctly to a blank DVD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  These Images are clean and from a well-respected source, however there are only limited versions available.

Windows-7 sp1-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit

If you are going to use an OEM license key to activate this version of Windows, the versions must be the same - ie the OEM license key and the Installation disc must both be for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Use the disc to perform the installation, enter the Windows activation key found on the COA Label when requested and when the installation has completed, use the 'Phone Method' detailed in the link below to activate the OS.

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/how-to-activate-windows-7-by-phone.aspx

Regards,

DP-K

Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 7 of 7 (390 Views)

hello.. sorry for the delayed response..

with all the tips i got from you, i tried everything but nothing worked so i got my laptop checked. the guy who checked my laptop says that there is a problem with the graphic card which is not repairable so the motherboard needs to be changed, since the graphic card is built-in.. now i cant believe that i bought my laptop for less then 2 years and it has hardware issues.. i bought this laptop for Rs 48,000 (Pakistan Currency) after alot of saving..cant afford to buy a new one.. i love hpG62..

can you please guide me as to what i should do now?

does hp have any service centres in Karachi, Pakistan?

desperately need your help :smileysad:

Thank You !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation