Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This is ridiculous for PC's in 2013. I suspect this has more to do with Microsoft, but at the end of the day I am the consumer that purchased the HP product.

All I want is the unit to function as it did when I purchased it. HP should have a simple fix for this. No I don't care who's fault it is No I don't want check for that or this or upgrade. No I don't want to install, uninstall, check for this check for that.

You shoudl stop wondering why Apple has become a preferred platform once again. WHY - becasue every device works, thats why.

Not all your consumers are or want to be propellor heads. This is just garbage.

Look, this is a simple problem - no vga adpator found so the webcam won't play, duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh. Give me a **bleep** fix where I can click a button and get it done.

I have Windows 7- Ultimate 64 bit - service pack 1

WHats the problem. Everything I install doesn't work and its going on 3 hours. [Content Removed]t from Billion dollar companies. Its an embarrassement that after 33 years of PC's you've actually gotten WORSE. Unbelievable.

HP Recommended
Screw it , i fixed it, went and bought a MAC - which is what i did back in the 80's when IRQ' were driving everyone btsht
HP Recommended

@Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

Statement:

You are using this guide at your own risk. I don't take any responsibility for any problems.

Things which you should know and do before upgrade:

1. HP may demand you to reinstall back Vista if you will have any hardware problems to troubleshoot them.

2. HP will not help you if you will have any software problems because this models haven't got their support with Windows 7

system.

3. Before you will upgrade to Windows 7 please make Vista Recovery CD/DVD. How to do it all informations here.

4. All Vista drivers and pre-installed by HP software for your model are in C:\swsetup folder.

If you still have it on your HDD then copy this folder to CD/DVD. You may need them someday.

5. Users with AMD processors reported that their dv2000 models were very quickly overheated after installing Windows 7.

So if you want to install this system and you've got this processor remember about it and be oversensitive on this issue.

How you may check Your notebook CPU (processor), GPU (graphic card), motherboard or HDD temperature?

To do that use HWMonitor (free and recommended) or Aida64.

CherylG (one of the top HP forum contributors which has dv2000 model) solved this problem by installing Windows Updates.

Resource:

How to install Windows updates

6. If Your model have nVidia graphic card then please check how high temperature this device have under Vista.

This way you will know is it working ok in Windows 7 too.

How to find out which model you've got and specifications for it:

1. Click on Support & Drivers link. (Upper part of this page.)

2. In search box type your laptop product number (p/n).

Resource:

How to Locate the Notebook p/n

3. Under notebook picture you will find your notebook model name (example: HP Pavilion dv2205eu Notebook PC).

4. On the same page click on Product Information -> Product Specifications and you will find all informations about

your notebook hardaware.

How to install Windows 7 and what you should know while upgrading:

1. Guide: How to Do a Clean Installation with Windows 7

2. All Windows 7 drivers you will find in next post below.

3. Some of drivers have comment then they are originaly made for Vista system.

When normal installation will fail, then try to run unsuccessfully installed file in Compatibility Mode (Windows Vista,

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2).

Resources:

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.