Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you, CherylG.

I have Vista now. But unfortunately there were no DVD/CD drive in My Computer nor in Device Manager. Uninstalled HP Quick Launch Buttons 6.30 E1. After reboot I got CD Drive in My Computer instead of DVD/CD Drive, but in Device Manager : DVD/CD-ROM Drives > Optaarc DVD RW AD%7560A ATA Device. After I put DVD, computer became unresponsive and computer can not recognise CD also. I had exactly the same problems when I had Windows 7 installed and I thought that it was Windows 7 drivers incompatibility issue. But this problem still exist with Vista. Please help!!!

HP Recommended

Often it is a sign of a failing /failed CD/DVD drive if the machine freezes when inserting a disk.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you CherylG for reply.

I removed optical drive, cleaned contacts and it looks Ok last few days. If I will not have any problems next couple days I will upgrade to Win 7. Thare are two upgrading guides  : first page of this thread and http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-systems-and/General-Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-HP-L... 

Which one I should follow? My laptop is dv2941se. 

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Either Guide should work fine for you_the dv2000 guide or Part 2 of the General Win 7 Upgrade Guide.

Btw,before upgarding to 7 you may want to burn your Vista Recovery Disk set just for convenience.Usually requires 2-3 DVD+R.I find that Sony dvds work best for me.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi there!

Smooth guide!

But I've ran into a problem with the ALPS touchpad on this dv2799eo

It worked well at first, but after alots of updates from Windows Update and I've fixed the card reader drivers from here, the touchpad stopped working.

Had to plugin a bluetooth mouse now...

Is there anyone who seems to know this problem and worked it out?

Greetings!

HP Recommended

i got pc at the right top named dv2000,but at the bottom named product hp pavilion dv2500 and at service tag named dv2535ea so i`m confused can i upgarde to win 7?

HP Recommended

@baghozed

Hi,

Yes you may do this without any problems. dv2535ea is your notebook product name and one of the most important information while using drivers from first page of this guide.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

so what will happen if i will format win vista and install new copy of win 7 64 bits?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help thr only thing now is in the device manager under others I am missing the drivers. For two Base System Device would I fine them on my Vista backup CD if I can fine it. If not do you know where I can get them or is it OK to disable them.

Thanks Again

HP Recommended

@fitter64

Hi,

Download and install Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader Driver from the first page of this guide.

Ps.

You may need to restart system.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.