Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Nyan_pyon

Your Specs page says you have Intel X3100 graphics,not Nvidia >>Intel driver here

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@Nyan_pyon

Photoshop asking for a scratch disk is because of memory(ram) and is quite common:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-748aa.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@ CherylG

Thank you very much for the information. :generic: 

HP Recommended

sir thank you for your organised method of upgrading to windows 7.I have hp dv6767tx i have done evrything as per instuction

after installing windows 7 but my sound is not working.I am getting error message "unknown device  on high definition bus"

also one unknown device ID:   ACPI\HPQ0007     *HPQ0007    location : Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815

.i have tried to install driver from realtek still same issue.

HP Recommended

sir now i have resolved all other issue except "unknown device on high definition audio bus" there are 17 such error messages.plz hlp me with audio driver for dv6767tx special edition.i couldnot  find it for windows 7 for this model.

HP Recommended

Windows 8 Developers Preview is available now from the Microsoft site, google PC World for info on downloading and installing. Installing ca be a bear but is easy if you have a free extra disk.  It is not nearly as easy as PC World would say that it is. you must place ISO file on bootable DVD or blu-ray disk, must use Blu_ray for big package. This is the not too tech way of doing it but really tech way is to have a bootmgr that allows you to boot from most anything including flash. Try this for search and look at PC Mag, Cnet and PC World to find MS Link.

I am a student with the MS cheap version of Win 7 Professional, they do not tell you when buying that it is next to impossible to do an upgrade and save your data without other steps in order to use the student package.

HP Recommended

Hello Bill, I have Windows 7 Professional 32 Bit Student Edition intended for my HP DV9657cl and I also have 7 Home Premium 64 bit for my new main system. I was going to just do the 32 bit install of Pro onto my DV but then I ran the performance test and it states what you have found out, that I can install 64 bit. I do have 4GB of RAM that shows up in Vista 32bit performance. I have a fast 750GB HD as my main drive and a slow 500GB as a secondary which has made life great for me in most of my testing and in the recent destruction of my system by the baggage handlers of the TSA. I also have a 2TB Go Flex for backups that makes good image files.

I am not feeling good about the upgrade to 64 bit Pro. Do you have any caveats that you would share?

Thanks

HP Recommended

hey,

I'm having an incredible hard time trying to find the right wireless drivers for my machine for windows 7. I believe I need broadcom drivers, but there are many revisions and so far a few of them do not work for me.

my p/n is: GA361UA#ABA

please help.

thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Student,

I am not sure of what you have tried before so I do not want to venture out to say what may be a solution. Be specific in stating your question with what you have tried then others, like myself know where to begin. I do like for people to be self helping first and then reach out with great specificity for help from others. Have you tried the HP specs for Drivers for your specific system using Windows Vista 64 bit as well as 32bit? Since you know the part no, ask Google about the part and manufacturer, as another possible starting point. You state a part number with no specificity of what the part is or what your HP Model no is.

As a point of fact in my own case, I do have Window 7 Home Premium 64bit which I have not installed yet on my dv9657cl because I am waiting for the HP branded version with all the HP drivers on the DVD, there are outfits that sell legitimate surplus branded versions of Dell and HP software, like Discount Mountain in Denver, CO. That is another method that you might investigate also. Put out a feeler to the user community for others who may have bought a later release of your particular model/genre who might do a mass Inet send to you of the disk/drivers or burn you a copy of drivers. You may show your courtesy and offer to reimburse them for expenses. HP makes more money for HP by making enough changes that you have to pay them for things like this. I am going to give a shout out to others, especially here in the Pac/NW where I live, people out here will usually gladly help. I will also ask of instructors and advanced students at the college that I attend. I welcome assistance from all even though I am technically advanced in many areas.

Last item, while it may seem cute to some people, the use of vulgarity does shut down most of my desire to assist. Just a polite comment, your nick is a turn off, I do not use profanity. I do not wish to lecture you but I normally will not dialogue with such. I do hope that all of this helps you and others. Please do not flame me in reply as I am only trying to respectfully help you.

Have a great day and I wish you success,

Dave

PS: Of course, you can get back to me if you have more data and greater specificity, then I may be of more help.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.