Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@alamour 

Yes-do a clean install of Windows 7. Then use the drivers listed here. Throwing in a hdd with Windows installed on different hardware seldom works without problems.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

So You Know I Put The DV 9000 In The Garbage And Got An ASUS Gamer

Thanks Anyway :):)

HP Recommended

yes, a clean install would be my last resort! but i'm SO CLOSE i can taste it. EVERYTHING else works. Video, USB, cardreader, etc. it seems a shame to reinstall a whole drive worth of stuff if there's some way to get the audio working. is there some sort of conflict that someone knows how to resolve.

I've installed everything from the HP site for this model, and everything but audio works.

in Device Manager, there's a yellow exclamation beside High Definition Audio Controller and this under Properties:

'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.'

that's it! just that one thing....well, DVD doesnt work either, but that's not too important.

just hoping that someone will read this, smell something familiar and say 'eureka!, i know what's happening, dude!'

HP Recommended

Hi Alamour,

You say: "i simply stuck in an old HD with Windows 7 x64 already on it!"

That's your problem you really can't do that.

The old HD will probably be from another machine with different hardware and hence different drivers to the ones needed by the machine you now have.

You would be better to format that disk and install a fresh copy of Win 7 x64.

The install process will possibly find some of the correct drivers for that machine then you can go to the HP website for that machine and find drivers specifically for that machine.

Check in Device Manager till you have all the drivers up to date and working.

HP Recommended

yeah, HD transplant is not the ideal thing,true, but i've gotten lucky!

Most things in Device Manager are fine and I went to the HP driver page for this model and downloaded all the chipset, video, cardreader, webcam, etc drivers and got them going, too.

so, the only REMAINING issue is the yellow exclamation by High Definition Audio Controller and the message:

'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.'

just hoping that someone might have encountered something similar and get a flash of insight regarding IRQ, memory, etc and suggest a simple tweak....

HP Recommended

ASUS Is The Answer :):):)

HP Recommended

@alamour 

Try right clicking the Audio device in Device Manager and choose Uninstall.There should also be a place to select "uninstall driver". Reboot and see if any changes. If you need a driver use Conexant -not Realtek.

Btw-I'm surprised Windows 7 hasn't been de-activated after being moved to different motherboard.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Is there any driver that let te computer HDMI port work with both audio and video? Because i cant get both things with. Only video...

HP Recommended

I think you need to look at the audio properties ("Sound" applet) in Control Panel.

And make sure your audio when you play video is set to the HDMI option so that both the video and audio components are directed out through your HDMI.

You may need to Rt-Click and tick "Show Disconnected Devices" to see all the Playback options you have.

HP Recommended

thanks ...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.