Question

Tutor
arun1rajan
Message 1 of 17 (3,926 Views)

Windows® 7 Upgrade Option Program - India Only

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I need some answers and wondering if someone has already ordered and got their upgrade kit in India

1. Do I have to pay anything as packaging and posting?
2. Can I send proof of purchase to FAX number or EMAIL ID provided in order confirmation email?
3. Would supplier confirm the receipt of proof once they have it or simply ship the DVD?

Thanks in advance for responding :manwink:

Message Edited by arun1rajan on 11-26-2009 08:43 PM
Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 17 (3,911 Views)

Re: Windows® 7 Upgrade Option Program - India Only

There is a fee for this upgrade to cover materials, shipping, handling, and fulfillment overhead. The fee will vary depending on your location and the upgrade product being requested. The amount will be presented to you prior to final submission of your order. The fee is non-refundable.

For more details, please visit the following weblink:

https://www.windows7upgradind.com/W7U_TermAndCondition.aspx

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Tutor
arun1rajan
Message 3 of 17 (3,894 Views)

Vidya, I am aware of the text posted on their website thats why I have seek help from forum here. I need to know if some one have recieved their shipment and what charges they had to pay for upgrade handling fee etc.

I did order my kit yesterday and no where they asked me to make payment, from which I beileve, handling is free in India but again in their order email confirmation there is one line that talks about cheque:"Order Date : 26-11-2009 Your Cheque/DD will only be deposited in the Bank after successful receipt and validation of your Proof of Purchase."

That has left me confused!!

Dean
Vidya
Message 4 of 17 (3,888 Views)

I just got a confirmation that there is a technical glitch in updating the Auto Respose which is getting corrected now. They are going to remove the wordings "Your Cheque/DD will only be deposited in the Bank after successful receipt and validation of your Proof of Purchase." from the email.

You do not need to pay anything for the Windows 7 Upgrade kit.

Sorry for any confusions.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Tutor
arun1rajan
Message 5 of 17 (3,763 Views)

Hi Vidya,

Just got a reply from HP Upgrade Cell India

"Dear Sir,

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that we have not received the Demand Draft & copy of the Bar Coded Sticker.

We requets you to kindly send us the DD of Rs 799/- in favor of "Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt Ltd" payable at New Delhi & Copy of the Bar Coded Sticker.

Thanks & Regards,
HP Windows 7 Upgrade Cell"
Do you have any contact with whom you could check this please. I do not understand why order page did not mention this, I believe there is some problem some where!! 
Dean
Vidya
Message 6 of 17 (3,752 Views)

Please call 011-34547192. You need to have a little patience in getting to a support person on this number.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Student
jithinrk
Message 7 of 17 (3,685 Views)

I have entered the wrong serial number and would like to correct it. Is it possible to do the same at the website? I tried contacting the number provided but I could not get through to the support personnel on that.

The other query I have is that the serial number serial is stuck to the frame beneath the laptop. Is it present anywhere else so that it can be photocopied? I have checked the documentation I received and could not find it in there too.

Tutor
arun1rajan
Message 8 of 17 (3,648 Views)

I tired this no but it does not exist!!

Student
viveknkvyas
Message 9 of 17 (3,625 Views)

hi..

i fn Hp dv41414tx...

while placing order for win7 upgrade my net connection failed n i could;nt completed it successfully.

i hv registered my s/n and address details afterdat net failed.

i did;nt got any transaction id..

now whn i m retrying to complete oder its sayin this s/n already registered !!

now wat to do...how i will b able to get my upgrade !

help me out.

thanks.

Student
sujithh
Message 10 of 17 (3,475 Views)

I have applied for a windows & upgrade kit two months ago

they didnt deliver it

I send a mail regarding the same and was replied  that the request was aproved and the kit will be send to me in 2-3 weeks

the same was not received

so i send a mail again

The reply was the name of payee in the DD is wrong!

But they didnt send the DD back yet

I tried to call in this number and got the reply that the phone is switched off!

I have decided to follow up the case anyway.

Anyone who wants to join 'Welcome'

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation