Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavillion dv6835nr which is running fine and need to get Windows 7 device drivers for the machine but I have not seen them on HP's website and I get the impression that they will not created device drivers for Win 7.

Does anyone know if the XP or Vista device drivers will function under Windows 7 32-bit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, most of your Vista drivers work in W7. Exception may be HP Quick Launch uneless it is newer version.You don't really need it in W7,but newer versions are available. Part 2 of the W7 Upgrade Guide offers some helpful info.HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Yes, most of your Vista drivers work in W7. Exception may be HP Quick Launch uneless it is newer version.You don't really need it in W7,but newer versions are available. Part 2 of the W7 Upgrade Guide offers some helpful info.HERE

HP Recommended

Thanks a million - I really appreciate your advice and wisdom.

I know the laptop is older but it's running like a champ and all I'm going to do is replace the hard drive and RAM just to keep it running in Tip-Tip-Shape along doing a Fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.

HP Recommended

I have a DV2810 of similiar age with 3Gb of ram and it runs Win 7 Professional great.

HP Recommended

I tried both Vista 32, 64 bit drivers and both lock uo Windows 7 when booting, conflict with the driver.  I have tried both Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.  I am running Nvdia graphics card but unsure of the model on my mother board.  This is for HP Pavillon Entertainment PC DV6700.  Could you please advise?    Also, my restore partition  option to Vista 32 bit does not work.

HP Recommended

@matteau31

Please post full model number (1) and P/N (2) from the Service Tag attached to bottom of notebook.

HP Service Tag

HP Recommended

Hello i have the same model DV6700 and i wanna format it this week and install Windows 7

Currently i have windows Vista and do vista drivers work for  Windows 7 , i am concerned mainly about wireless drivers. please guide me.

HP Recommended

@Risingflight

Part 2 of the Win 7 Upgrade Guide has your drivers..click> .HERE

HP Recommended

full model number (dv6707us)

P/N (KC323UA#ABA)

from the Service Tag attached to bottom of notebook

HP Recommended

@mahdiaseman

Part 2 of the Win 7 Upgrade Guide has your drivers..click> .HERE 

Some of the drivers are specific to your model with AMD Processor such as Nvidia Chipset,Conexant HD-Audio SmartAudio 221,Conexant modem.I believe your model has Atheros Wireless(may be Broadcom).

The Intel chipset ,Realtek Audio and some other drivers are for Intel Processor machines. Most of the others like Ricoh, Synaptics,etc are for both Intel & AMD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.