Windows 7 drivers for 6t-1200 system? (204 Views)
Top Student
jthompsn1957
Message 1 of 7 (204 Views)

Windows 7 drivers for 6t-1200 system?

I have an HP 6T-1200 CTO system on order.

It has an i7-3517u CPU and a Radeon HD 8750M w/ 2GB DDR3 memory, 4GB RAM, 500GB/5400RPM HDD, 32GB mSSD Cache, bluetooth and WIDI.

I may be forced to revert back to Windows 7. Since this system was released with Windows 8 it has no drivers directly available for Windows 7. Other than the network drivers it appears that the motherboard in this system is very similar to the one in the 4-1030us system. Will the Windows 7 drivers for that system work with the 6t-1200?

The network drivers appear to be very different for the two systems. The broadcom drivers have been replaced by Qualcomm drivers. And there are no Intel drivers listed for the 6T-1200. Will I need them?

Is there anything that will prevent me from loading Windows 7 and having a fully functional ultrabook?

PhD Student
WaseemW
Message 2 of 7 (194 Views)

Re: Windows 7 drivers for 6t-1200 system?

Hi,

One crucial thing is that you have mSATA and HDD in the PC which works as Raid. at the time of OS installation, HDD may not be detected unless you have the correct storage drivers for the PC. (At the installation drive patition selection).

you may need to extract the drivers and install them at the time of OS installation.

1)      Prepare Raid Drivers for windows OS.

1. Download the Intel Rapid storage drivers from hp.com. for example if its SP55101.exe :

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55101.exe

1. run the downloaded sp55101.exe file on a working PC which will extract the drivers to default location. c:\swsetup\sp55101 (Default) folder.
  2. Copy the folder named “Drivers” from location C:\SwSetup\SP55101 to a USB drive.

2)      Connect the USB while starting the OS installation.

3)      When prompted to install HDD drivers, select driver from the saved folder and you should be able to see the HDD for OS installation.

without these drivers OS installation may not list teh drives or may not complete the OS installation because mSATA is configured as RAID along with HDD.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 7 (193 Views)

Hi:

I have already answered your question at the link below.

No one is going to tell you what you want to hear--that you will have no problems installing W8 on your notebook.

I have already informed you exactly what I expect the major issue to be...Video.

Also, the 6t notebook model I posted W7 drivers for is a far better match for drivers than the 4-1030us.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-and-Software/Moving-back-to-Wi...

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 7 (192 Views)

[ Edited ]

Create the HP Recovery Discs before modifying or changing ANYTHING.

You will need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the BIOS and save those changes.

Most of the HP ENVY Ultrabook 4-1030us drivers should work on the HP 6T-1200 CTO Ultrabook. It is possible that some of the drivers will not install because of system requirement checks in the driver installers. The Qualcomm drivers can be sourced from other HP units.The Realtek LAN driver is the other network driver and it is on the HP 4-1030u list. What Intel drivers are missing???

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Intern
IdaH
Message 5 of 7 (183 Views)

Unfortanetly this unit has never been tested with Windows 7 so that is why the drivers for this unit are not available. Could I ask why you would need to go back to Win 7? This link will give you information on what you need to know, before doing the downgrade. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2015107/downgrading-from-windows-8-to-7-what-you-need-to-know.html

Prior to doing a downgrade. You will want to print a full list of all components on the unit and verify that you are able to get drivers that support the win 7 platform. If you need further assistance please let us know.
Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Ida H
Top Student
jthompsn1957
Message 6 of 7 (175 Views)

I would prefer to stay with Windows 8. However I will be working on a project with a developer using Windows 7 OS and SW compilers. I expect his tools to work under Windows 8 but want to be prepared to go back to Windows 7 if necessary.

I have a spare copy of Windows 7 Ultimate I can use. My plan would be to install a larger mSATA (128GB) to use as the primary (C:smileyhappy: drive and relegate the HDD to mass storage only.

==>  - I appologize, I thought you had pointed me to drivers for a DV6 system, not a 6t system.

As Paul points out the video drivers are my main concern. I will need to be able to use the HD 8750M graphics but want to be able to switch back to the 4000 graphics when it is not needed.

The Intel drivers that are "missing" - I was referring to Windows 7 having Intel drivers for Rapid Start Technology and USB 3.0 Host controller. These drivers are not listed for the 6t-1200 with Windows 8.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 7 of 7 (168 Views)

[ Edited ]

I believe that Windows 8 has those intel drivers native to its driver database where W7 does not.

That is why you probably don't see any W8 drivers listed for those devices on the support page for your PC.

If the W8 AMD video driver happens to work on W7, you should be fine, but I am very concerned that it won't.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation