Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!
The only problem I have with my DV9380 after installed Win7 x86 is that I can't get any sound through HDMI. I'm doing just like I did when I got Vista, but now it won't work. I have tried with many different Drivers from Conexant and everything else works fine, so this is the only problem I've got. I've also tried to install many different drivers for the graphic card, because I saw that someone mentioned that the audio through HDMI has something to do with the graphic card.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

HP Recommended

Hello Everybody,

I've finally found some time to install Windows 7 Pro.

I performed a clean install, formatting the destination partition within the installation.

Installation went fine - took about 30 min. When it got to the internet connectivity part - it had already identified and installed the WiFi adapter and managed to find my network.

I went to Device Manager immediately after the installation was complete and found out that some devices were not installed.

I've installed Nvidia GeForce 7600 Go v179.48 from the Nvidia website (I used these drivers on Vista and although they are marked 'Beta', they were able to run Dragon Age: Origins without a problem).

I have then went to Windows Update and let it install all of it's updates as well as driver updates. Everything went fine, except for the Nvidia Drivers. I figured that it was for the best as I trust Nvidia's own drivers other then Microsoft's.

I tried pairing my Nokia N95 via Bluetooth (Before installing PC Suite). Windows was able to discover the N95, but was missing some drivers. That was fixed when I installed PC Suite.

I then Installed these drivers for Vista, from the DV9076eu driver download page on HP's support site:

HP Wireless Assistant 3.00 D

Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Driver 1.0.1 A

Support Software for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology (Microsoft Vista) 6.0 C

Installations went OK, without the need to mess with compatibility adjustments.

Current situation:

CD-DVD works well on reading CDs and DVDs. Didn't try burning yet.

Sound works great via speakers as well as wired headset. Don't have/use BT headset.

Screen resolution is fine, World of Warcraft was able to load.

Bluetooth works great with Nokia PC Suite, connected to Nokia N95 phone.

Wireless works great, faster and more reliable than in Vista. Didn't try wired NIC yet.

Quick Launch buttons work great: mute, vol +/-. Play, stop, next, prev works with Windows Media Player. Same for Remote Control.

Didn't test card reader yet.

3x"Bluetooth Peripheral Device" found on Device manager. Tried to install Broadcom driver, which failed during installation. Tried to install "Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit)", which added a 4th device and successfully installed it's driver, but didn't install the original three BT devices.

The only BT device I use (and used for the last 3 years) was my phone and it works fine, so I'm not bothered by these uninstalled devices.

For conclusion:

Installation went smoothly, everything that needs/used to work is working great so far. If I ever find a solution for the "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" - I'll return and post the solution.

Thank you all for your replies and good luck with your migration. It was well worth it!

HP Recommended

Hello All, thanks for an illuminating thread. I have a DV9030EA . I've managed to install Win7 Ultimate and, by hook or by crook. I've managed to locate all the drivers bar one: the webcam. Any suggestions? It just sits there, stubbornly, as an 'unknown device'. Anyone known the maker and/or the model?

One strange quirk:  Installing SlySoft AnyDVD kills the DVD drive.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

HP Recommended

I just upgraded a dv9233cl to Windows 7 for a friend and all went well ... EXCEPT for the NVidia driver ... every time I tried to use that, instead of the generic Microsoft video driver, the system would go to BSOD and then a Restore would save the day.

I tried every suggestion in this thread to install the 8600 drivers ... I even tried the earlier version of the NVidia drivers ... everything seemed to be working properly on the laptop and then BSOD, as soon as I updated from the generic to the NVidia driver.

Any other suggestions??????

HP Recommended
Hello, I upgraded my brother's laptop Pavilion dv9233cl to Windows 7.  When I plug in a hdmi, I get blue screen of death.  Is there a driver available that I need to install?
HP Recommended

It's RIDICULOUS!!!

I own a dv9000 series which according to the Win7 upgrade advisor can run the Win7 OS. And then I find out that HP will not support it!!!!!!!!

That was my third HP laptop on a row and as it seems my last one! the DV 9000 series is a quite expensive range of laptops and somenone would expect a full support on win7. If HP does not change its mind its definately my last ever HP equipment I will ever use. Even the two HP printers I use I will trash them to the bin.

WAKE UP HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panos

HP Recommended

I have a Pavillion dv9700 laptop.  Went through the W7 install with almost no problems (clean install not the upgrade).  Only two things that i noticed didn't work - and i saw others making similar comments:

1. fingerprint scanner

2. graphics card

I solved the first issue by uninstalling the Bioscript software which is incompatible with W7 and installing the digital persona software (Vista version) - seems to work fine with W7

I solved the second issue by going to the nvidia website and having it scan my machine and recommend a new graphics driver.

Because i saw that others are struggling with these issues i wanted to post my solutions in the hopes it helps others.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I wrote few days ago unofficial guide with drivers. For those who want to check it link is here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Well, neither of the above two suggestions helped. The first one was a driver I had tried previously and still got the BSOD. The second one also led to the BSOD.

Only the generic Windows driver seems to not crash the computer, but it is not acceptable: the screen flickers, the solution is not correct so the picture is stretched sideways, and the accelerator is not functional.

Any other ideas ... other than starting all over?

HP Recommended

If you didn't do a clean install then i would start all over.  The upgrade is not recommended.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.