Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

read the last post on this 

HP Recommended

get ultimate lol i can email you it if you want just copy to a usb with an app i can also send you oh and a activator you just run the app then its activated you can even delete the app after ive done it on more then 15 computers including a dv9700 which i got the nvidia driver to work its a powerhouse 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

HP Recommended

You've figured a lot out on your own -- sounds like you know your way around a computer.  If you look 3 message screens back, 2 messages down, you'll find how a guy got his dv9700 up to a 8 rating, others have said the same worked for theirs.

HP Recommended

thanks tawatson1984  i followed ur instructions and it worked like a charm, so now i`m running a dv 9000 on windows 7 perfectly.

thanks again

HP Recommended

I just updated a dv9000 to W7 Enterprise... running fully activated and downloading the last driver update. Everything works great, Windows Update really works, that's all I needed. Go ahead, give it a try, just make a new OS install, no driver needed for LAN or Wireless, go to Windows Update, and thats it, you will find most of the drivers on the optional downloads, arround 180 MB (Install & Reboot). Then go to Printer and Devices, if your laptop still with  and admiration mark, rigth click on it, choose "solve problems" and follow instructions, download the additional drivers.

Ok, hope you update soon to 7... much better, bye.

HP Recommended

hi...

HP Recommended

hi..

HP Recommended

windows 7 home premium (64-bit)

HP Recommended

I have a DV9830us and I have installed Windows 7 successfully even with the NVIDIA drivers for WIN 7. The only issue I am still having is getting the remote to work. If someone knows how to get that to work I can share the drivers and tips for all else. Something will not work like the Quick Launch Buttons. I have not had any luck finding a windows 7 compatible driver for that. Have not tried the Quick Play yet also. So lets all share our experiences and that way we can show HP how to do it.

HP Recommended

Good luck!!!  :Wink:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.