Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
tawatson1984... you are a genius! Worked perfectly...thank you!
HP Recommended

muito bom o post

HP Recommended

let me cut to the chase.  Fed up with my Vista dv9000 slowness due to three years of use without a reinstall of OS, I decided to bite the bullet and install W7 64 bit. Cautious, I accessed this blog and was filled with doom and gloom. I downloaded every possible driver and checked every website for hours. I then installed W7 custom.  No problem whatsover.  I mistakenly left the HP recovery partition.  All those people who are slating HP should check their facts first. 

It was obvious to me the likelihood that W7 was merely a refined Vista. HP would know this but becaause of Microsoft sensitivities could scarcely say so. For business and cost reasons they decided quite rightly not to support the provision of new drivers.

So anyone wanting to install w7 , go ahead , download the Vista drivers if you want but the 9000 will find its own.  Good grief, even my internet worked straight off and that is usually the most troublesome aspect of a new OS install.

HP Recommended

@AlonGil-Ad wrote:

Hello,

I own a Pavilion dv9076eu laptop, which came with XP preinstalled. I've worked with XP (Pro x86) for a while, but then HP stopped updating it's driver, so I moved to Vista (Ultimate x86).

I now want to move on to Windows 7 (x86, Pro or Ultimate).

Is there any chance that Windows 7 drivers will be released for my machine anytime in the future?

If not, can other O/S drivers be used with 7?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Forget it, There will be no W7 drivers as far as I can guess.  W7 will download the drivers that work. As I have said bite the bullet - unless you are a complete novice in which case talk to a friend.  I mentioned that I mistakenly left the HP drives intact  - I cannot be sure that  this DID NOT help my installation!

HP Recommended

Thought I would update all the people interested in the subject of Pavilion Dv9000.  As mentioned previously I installed W7 without any problem.  The only hiccup was that M refused to activate my W7 for complicated reasons which I will not waste your time on.  I decided the solution was to buy W8 pro and duly installed it.  It took a long time (2hours) because of the slowish processor.   BUT it is wonderful!  The computer is now the fastest it has ever been - I know not why.  I think that maybe W8 is much slicker.  There are those who criticise W8 but it is seamless and anyone working with computers cannot spend hours trying to rectify networking/internet problems etc.

AlexKoh

HP Recommended

Muy buenas tardes por favor me colaboran con el controlador de audio para Portatil HP Pavilion 9000

HP Recommended

I have a dv6000 and a dv9000 both running windblows 7on them. Use whatever version you want and then use a driver program and windows update to find all the drivers.I used Systweak Advanced Driver Update for any missing drivers. Only install missing drivers, not all that they suggest. I also repaired the nvidia chip problem by watching youtube.

HP Recommended

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd post this in case it may help someone:

I have an HP Pavilion DV9000 (version DV9420US).  The graphics card is an NVIDIA Ge Force Go 6150

I installed Windows 7 Pro 32-bit on a new blank hard drive, and of course the best graphics I could get through Control Panel was 1024 x 780, which is insufficient.  

I spent hours downloading and trying at least a dozen different video drivers from both the HP and NVIDIA websites until I finally found one that allowed me to boost the resolution to 1440x900.

And the winner was:  SP33537.EXE for Windows XP.  Here are the details:

Released:
2006-08-11
File name:
sp33537.exe [1/1, 29.28M]
Version
8.6.0.2 A
Compatibility:
Microsoft Windows XP

The page to find the driver is here:

PLEASE NOTE:  This gave me an error message when I first installed it, then when it asked if I wanted to "re-install using recommended settings", it installed okay.  I restarted the system and was able to change the resolution through Control Panel.

This is the second time I was able to use a Windows XP video driver for an HP laptop running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit system.  The other time was by installing SP28007.EXE on an HP ZD7000 laptop, again at the expense of a few hours of frustration.

I truly hope this helps someone out there.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.