HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-27-2013 09:20 PM
All below drivers work except the Validity Fingerprint Driver (WBF) -- the computer accepts it as a good driver, but under control panel > biometrics, it shows as "unavailable" for both version .
To download the spXXXXX.exe files, just replace the last ".html" with ".exe" in the ftp url.
- AMD Chipset
- sp57269, AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver, VERSION: 8.942.7.1000, for AMD Radeon HD 7660G.
- sp56953, IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver, VERSION: 6.10.6392.0
- sp57232, HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection Software, VERSION: 184.108.40.206
- SP60095, Qualcomm Atheros AR9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows VERSION: 1.00 REV: A
- sp56956, Realtek Card Reader Driver VERSION: 6.1.7601.27016
- sp56952, Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver VERSION: 7.54.309.2012
- Fingerprint drivers: a) sp54999, Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (WBF) VERSION: 220.127.116.11, for Window 7; OR b) sp58869, Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (WBF) VERSION: 18.104.22.168, for Windows 8. Both w7 & w8 versions are accepted by Windows 7, but both show the devide as "UNAVAILABLE" under Windows 7. Fingerprint works only in windows 8 with the sp58869 driver. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GET THE FINGERPRINT READER WORKING UNDER WINDOWS 7, PLEASE POST. THANK YOU.
05-20-2013 12:16 PM
can any1 pleeeeeeeeez put the drivers for win 7.. Is dis lappy really made for win 7 coz m encounterin many problems aftr i ve installed win 7 on dis machine.....
08-10-2013 03:17 PM - edited 08-10-2013 03:21 PM
I've got it working with the following two drivers. The second being the one that brings the sensor to live and let you configure fingerprints. etc.
Not entirely sure wether HP Software Framework is mandatory or not but just in case, doesn't hurt to make sure you have it installed:
1. sp59202.exe, HP Software Framework Version:22.214.171.124, 7.06M
2. sp61399.exe, HP SimplePass Identity Protection Version: 126.96.36.1992, 66.44M
Also, SimplePass install something call TruAPI. Maybe that's something else missing out there that's making your sensor not to work.
** NOTE: ** I had sp54999 installed as per OP but that didn't work so I uninstalled it prior to install the two packages above. Hope it works for you out there as well!