Question

Student
plankton
Message 1 of 2 (1,217 Views)

Windows 7 home premium download

HP G61-401SA Was running windows 7 home premium but it wouldn't load tried recovery disc I had but that didn't work either, as i needed to get laptop working I installed ubuntu, is it possible to download windows 7 home premium and get it reinstalled free? I would also need to find product key as sticker on laptop a bit illegable.

Any help appreciate

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (1,201 Views)

Re: Windows 7 home premium download

[ Edited ]

Hi Plankton,

You do need that Product Code to take advantage of the Free reinstallation ISO package of Windows 7.  The download is free and the package is free -- but you do have to have the Code.

Reinstall Windows 7 – No CD

By DavidPK

=====================================================================================

You might be able to order Recovery Discs from HP for your HP G61-401SA Notebook.  There is only a nominal cost for the discs and the shipment comes right away.

See this Document:

HP G61-401SA Notebook PC - Looking for Recovery Discs?

If you are NOT in the USA or Canada:

Within the Section titled "Ordering recovery discs from HP in the United States and Canada"

Click on "instructions to recovery CDs in other countries"

====================================================================================

You can try this resource:

Computer Surgeons HP Recovery Center - Search

Computer Surgeons does charge a bit more for the software as the company is selling the software for profit.

=====================================================================================

If all else fails, then you might check the cost in your area for a retail copy of Windows 7 - the cost for Windows 7 is  substantially lower than for some software packages, perhaps $59-$79 US.   You may find Windows 7 online or in a local retail store in your area for a similar cost.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation