Windows 7 update for HP Quickplay (46335 Views)
Honor Student
luvinmyhp
Message 1 of 14 (46,335 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 update for HP Quickplay

I just updated my "HP Pavilion dv6871us" from windows vista to windows 7, and I've been experiencing some problems with the HP Quickplay. It takes forever to load and then it doesn't work properly. I figured all I needed to do was update the driver, but I can not  find any updates for my computer on the hp website. how would i go about finding an update for HP Quickplay???

thanks.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 14 (46,314 Views)

Re: Windows 7 update for HP Quickplay

Open Quick Play and click on the globe ,it will open a window where you should see option to update QP.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 3 of 14 (46,303 Views)

or it would be link if you download here QuickPlay 3.7 v.6112

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 14 (46,301 Views)

[ Edited ]

Nice Rakhmad, that way you don't have to keep QP open while it downloads that huge 148meg file ,tying up the laptop for anything else useful.

Of course everyone may not be as impatient as I? :smileywink:

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
radioshortwave
Message 5 of 14 (45,860 Views)

hi there all,

with the above update for windows  (i am using vista (hp)  which version is it  quick play  -qpw or  qpd  --quick play direct ?.

as i am having issues trying restore quick play (qpd) which was pre installed on my notebook -hdx9228 , if iinstall the quick play  qpw -for windows  i loose my restore points  !! even system recovery will not bring back quick play to the key pad .

(otherwise quick play works 100%  with windows media center , tv /radio etc , any help would be gratefull .)

best regards,

mike osborne  (n.z)

Tutor
radioshortwave
Message 6 of 14 (45,479 Views)

hi rakhmad,

thanks for your helpfull suggestions  to fix the quick play problem, however nothing worked !.

i reinstalled quickplay first (as you suggested ) .7 v 6112  then the quick launch buttons  , all works ok , as before, but i still loose any restore points  (error 0x0 81000202 )?.

and also when i start up again i get the  (run time error ) program:c:\program files\hp\quick play\qp service.exe   ?.

the only way to get my restore points back was to uninstall "quick time "  and do a " system recovery".

is the only way to get the quick play to work , with causing any other issues , do a complete recovery   from scratch .?

any help would be appreiacted .

regards,

mike

Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 7 of 14 (45,433 Views)

I dont know what is the main problem, I'm guessing software conflict is one of the possibility.

You need to troubleshoot which software that create this issue.

Doing complete system restore would be the easy way to troubleshoot it but not the effective way.

Without the machine in hand, thats the best suggestion i can offer.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Tutor
radioshortwave
Message 8 of 14 (45,409 Views)

many thanks for your help anyway, (i thought there might have been an easy fix )

i will have to wait till i update to windows 7  to fix the glitch .

best regards,

mike osborne

Tutor
radioshortwave
Message 9 of 14 (44,927 Views)

hi rakhmad , thanks for your input to sort my issue out (re the quick play)./ hdx9228 notebook i finally went out and purchased the windows7 64bit home premium (oem version). i had some issues in trying to do a fresh install (clean) so i went along to my local p/c shop who fixed the problem( they had to re format the hard drive) so windows 7 is up and running and i am so pleased with it (i had the w7 rc running for a few months last year, so the result was as i expected ) HOWEVER ....... when i try to re install the--- HP 2nd recovery disk -THE APPLICATION AND DRIVER RECOVERY C D nothing happens ???. can i reinstall this c.d only (to re load all the HP features like new?) how do i do this ?. your help would be appreciated. regards, mike
Provost
CherylG
Message 10 of 14 (44,845 Views)

The 2nd disk is not an Application & Driver disk.It is only to use with disk 1 of the Recovery set to reinstall Vista and drivers/apps.

Download and install these, which I mentioned to you on another post as being in the Win 7 Upgrade guide.

• HP QuickPlay Software, QuickPlay 3.7 v.6112
  • Cyberlink YouCam Software, sp45825
  • Lightscribe System Software, sp46011
  • HP Quick Launch Button software , sp46731
  •  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation