04-21-2010 12:56 PM
First, the machine will no longer auto detect an external monitor. Under Vista, it would recognize it was connected to an external lcd and swithc to the settings for the lcd to be monitor 1 with the laptop screen as monitor 2. When I unplugged the lcd, it would automatically switch back to the laptop screen as monitor 1. Now I must switch it manually in both directions.
Two, closing the lid does not make the machine go to standby. It just keeps running until the battery is dead.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)