Question

Honor Student
slaxo
Message 1 of 4 (10,321 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 x64 display driver problem

Hello,

I have problem with display driver to my notebook HP Compaq 6820s (KE163es) on windows 7 x64. On hp website is only drivers for windows vista x86. My display is ATI Radeon Mobility X1350.

How to resolve this problem? Maybe is some trick to install some similar driver?

On ATI website isn't driver to this display card for win 7 x64. There is writter that driver I should search on notebook producent web site.

Honor Student
slaxo
Message 2 of 4 (10,288 Views)

Re: Windows 7 x64 display driver problem

HP plans make drivers for this model notebook for windows 7 x64? when ?

Master's Graduate
EverWin
Message 3 of 4 (10,254 Views)

slaxo wrote:

Hello,

I have problem with display driver to my notebook HP Compaq 6820s (KE163es) on windows 7 x64. On hp website is only drivers for windows vista x86. My display is ATI Radeon Mobility X1350.

How to resolve this problem? Maybe is some trick to install some similar driver?

On ATI website isn't driver to this display card for win 7 x64. There is writter that driver I should search on notebook producent web site.

connect internet to tht PC

open control panel

Find & open "system"

on left hand-side panel thr is (Control Panel Home)

open "Advance system settings"

then "system properties" should pop-up

to left tab thr is "Hardware"

select "device installation settings"

select "yes">> do this automaticaly

open device manager (in Run or command prompt type -->   devmgmt.msc  )

update video driver online to download it frm update.microsoft.com (this always hlps)

or you can use windows update to download all missing drivers...

Microsoft desgined ATI Drivers are most stable & all games should work properly,...

~"If my solution has helped you in any way, please click on the white start to give Kudos."~

~"Please click on the Accept as solution button if your problem has been resolved."~
Honor Student
slaxo
Message 4 of 4 (10,229 Views)

Thanks for help, your answer help me resolve problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation