12-17-2013 02:23 PM
My friend has bought a HP Envy 15 laptop with windows 8. It has been upgraded to windows 8.1
There were some driver troubles, but now everything is OK.
But now I have the trouble that none of the APPS are working. The Desktop is OK. Even the "PC settings"-apps is no functional : all give only an "blue screen" (but with nothing on it.
I have found a solution with a powershell command (powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $EnvystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML) but that gives me an error.
The solution for that, should be to :
If you get error 0x8007064A after executing this, it means that the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
Only the error keeps : 0x80073cf6...
Anyone a solution for this...
12-19-2013 03:17 PM
I understand you are having issues with apps after an update from Windows. Here is a document from Microsoft on using apps in Windows 8.1.
Hope this helps.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)