Question

Tutor
stemCell
Message 1 of 3 (168 Views)

Windows 8.1 driver package plans

Hello all,

I have a ENVY DV6-7214nr laptop and I received win8.1 update as all Win8 users through windows store.

After that, I had lots of driver problems(as many HP users). The beat audio driver stopped working, wireless button mulfunctioned, HP Support assistant crushed 3 times after reinstalling it etc... I solved those problems by digging in support forums and I spent significant time to find correct drivers for my laptop. Now most of them are working, though still my wireless button does not work properly. 

The thing that annoyed me is that I haven't received any update through support assistant even quite some time passed after that upgrade period. Why werent the final and stable drivers pushed though HP support assistant? My other question is that if I format my laptop, can I get a driver package for Win8.1 which inludes all stable drivers for my laptop?

I hope someone can show me an easier way to update the drivers of my laptop rather than searching for forum posts.

Thank you in advance.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 driver package plans

Hi stemCell:

Thank you for your query. I am glad to be able to help!

You can get the updated drivers for Windows 8.1 and your computer from the HP support and driver page for you computer click here. For your information I am also including "Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers"   click here. I hope this has answered your question.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
stemCell
Message 3 of 3 (103 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 driver package plans

Hi Sparkles1,

Thank you for your response.

Indeed, I can find the latest drivers via the link you provided. I hope they are all stable versions. That answers a part of my question.

However, I still do not understand why I am not getting the latest drivers via HP Support assistant. When I check the web site, I can find a newer version than installed versions. When I check the updates via support asisstant, it cannot find any updated drivers. Why the automatic update doest work for me? ( I just updated the support asistance manually to the latest version.)

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation