Windows 8.1 update (223 Views)
Honor Student
neffyh
Message 1 of 4 (223 Views)

Windows 8.1 update

I have a quick question. Will HP be constantly updated their tests with different laptops and Windows 8.1

I have the Envy 15z-j000, model D0D78AV and would like to upgrade to 8.1.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (212 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 update

Hi,

I bellieve they will only test by series, not by each model. For all new machines, they will test before build but for older machines they may onlly test by series as mentioned above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
neffyh
Message 3 of 4 (208 Views)

By series, do you mean any laptop of the Envy series?

So does that imply that there is a chance that when I check if my laptop is ready to be updated, it will always say it has not been tested?

Should I just wait and keep checking to see if I can update?

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

Hi,

Because HP has thousands of products (aka models). Each group of models can be a series for example Envy 15-jxxxaa machines are in a series, Envy 15-2xxxbb machines are in another series ...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation