Question

Tutor
Kburk7
Message 1 of 6 (3,497 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 - How to boot into BIOS and AMD driver not working?

HP Pavillion Dm4-3011TX (Beats Special Edition)

Windows 8

Well my first problem is that I dont know how to boot into BIOS sice i've upgraded to W8. I've tried to press F10, F9 and all those kinds of buttons but nothing seems to work? I have also tried to go into advanced boot in pc settings but i couldn't find anything in there that had anything to do with the BIOS. Any help?

My second problem is one of my GPU's (I have switchable graphics) AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series dosent seem to work.

Almost everytime I boot up a message comes up saying that the catalyst was not installed properly and its not made for that type of Windows or something along those lines. Is it because i updated to windows 8? When i go to device manager and right click; go to properties and it comes up with this message in the device status:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I need help becuase basically i have to use the Intel HD graphics 3000. 

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (3,491 Views)

Re: Windows 8 - How to boot into BIOS and AMD driver not working?

It should still be F10 to enter BIOS.

Have you removed old Windows 7 drivers and installed Windows 8 drivers from your support page?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5254...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
Kburk7
Message 3 of 6 (3,476 Views)

Thank you for providing the link for all the updates. Should I download them all ?

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (3,473 Views)

For now I would just do the Chipset and AMD driver. Later if anything else is giving problems go back and get others you may need to fix issues.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
Kburk7
Message 5 of 6 (3,467 Views)

I downloaded the AMD Graphics thing, but now I dont have switchable graphics? Is there a way where i can use my AMD card? because ill im using at the moment is the intel HD 3000.

p.s The BIOS is working thank you!

Tutor
Kburk7
Message 6 of 6 (3,444 Views)

Don't worry actually I just reinstalled it and now my amd Graphics card works fine! Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation