10-30-2012 03:30 PM
Microsoft office starter included with HP Envy Spectre Ultrabook not working in Windows 8 upgrade.
First problem was Onenote came up with a blank screen, and Microsoft Starter displayed an incompatability issue. Called Microsoft, they tried to sell me a new copy. Called HP and their folowing suggestion worked.
I reset the laptop to factory settings, then performed the updates on Microsoft starter.
Word and Excel worked after Installing Windows 8, but only temporarily.
Error: Microsoft Excel (Word) starter 2010 cannot be opened. Try again or repair the product in Control Panel.
This problem began after installing the next Microsoft update.
Any help world be appreciated.
10-30-2012 03:47 PM
Do you want to hear this and it's TRUE:
Office 2010 Starter is only for win7. More importantly, Starter is legally usable only when it comes preinstalled on oem computers preinstalled with win7. So you're also breaching the eula.
You won't see Office 2010 Starter on any new machine now (except older stocks).
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
10-30-2012 03:55 PM
From the upgrade instructions (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
I am an HP employee.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)